TE Kevin Dillman

Nexus

Or we could wait for the whole story to come out before we start assuming it's the University just trying to screw some kid over.

200.gif

Nobody has any information as of WHAT happened or who did what. Let's wait until some actual facts come out before we open the drama gates. I guess everything on twitter is true. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Something doesn't make sense I thought he heard from the new staff and they said he could play h-back...

(When reached, Dillman explained his situation further and talked about the news that unfolded today.

"I hadn't heard anything from the new coaching staff since they've been in place," Dillman explained. "I know Avery (Anderson) one of the corners and (Christian) Gaylord one of the o-line already had coaches come to their houses. So I just found it a little odd that I hadn't got a text or a call or heard from anyone on Twitter.

"So I asked Coach Walsh to contact them to ask what was going on and Coach Walsh got the news that there was no scholarship for me at Nebraska. They pulled it for whatever reason, I don't know what reason. But that's what they decided.")

Not only that, but he didn't talk to the school directly and didn't seem for sure that his HS coach talked to one of our coaches, just someone at the school. This kid and his parents need to make contact with the University ASAP and get the real answer directly, not secondhand information.

Very weird situation.

Two problems ..

Kid wasn't that impressive versus JV competition. For someone with his size, speed, age, and supposed skill level - he should have absolutely dominated. He was good, but not great. Red flag.

Dillman has transferred to soooo many schools in the last few years. His transcripts are an absolute train wreck, and there is no guarantee he could get in because of this. Unless you have a kid that is too good to pass up, it's tough to take a chance on a kid like Dillman in a small class.

• Fire 1

Two problems ..

Kid wasn't that impressive versus JV competition. For someone with his size, speed, age, and supposed skill level - he should have absolutely dominated. He was good, but not great. Red flag.

Dillman has transferred to soooo many schools in the last few years. His transcripts are an absolute train wreck, and there is no guarantee he could get in because of this. Unless you have a kid that is too good to pass up, it's tough to take a chance on a kid like Dillman in a small class.

We don't have the strongest admissions crew in the world either...

*** COUGH COUGH Roburt Sallie COUGH ***

Two problems ..

Agreed. Have thought for years we've been a little too loyal with schollys. Hell, kids can decommit and transfer but we're supposed to be loyal to them if they dont hold up their end?
  • Fire 1

The transcript thing...Let me clear up some stuff on that.

I have had issues with transcripts, once...for some kids that came to my school after Hurricane Katrina destroyed their school...took like 4 months to get anything and even then it was pretty much a sh#t show.

I have had kids from other countries and its never been a problem. Russia...Denmark...Texas.

• Fire 1

One is led to believe that there was no coincidence in the fact that Riley and staff reached out to every holdover commit with two obvious exceptions. Lundie and Dillman. The two recruits who both had known qualification risks.

If we (fans) know about the existence of qualification risks, does it not stand to reason that more detailed information is known to those who are directly involved?

So if a student doesn't academically qualify for college, who is more responsible for the lack of the scholarship offer, the student or the institution?

Time will tell.

• Fire 2