Spring Practice Updates

Folks still glad to see Heard moving on............. Seems prophetic when folks said he was one play away from starting.

Any chance he comes back or has that ship sailed?

I thought he was going to train with the team in the spring and still had the option of coming back next year. Rome's chances were gone but I thought that was the last word on Heard.

Folks still glad to see Heard moving on............. Seems prophetic when folks said he was one play away from starting.

Any chance he comes back or has that ship sailed?

I thought he was going to train with the team in the spring and still had the option of coming back next year. Rome's chances were gone but I thought that was the last word on Heard.

No, Bo left the option at one point for Braylon to come back with the team, but he is not practicing with the team in any way.

I find it funny that Aaron Green leaves, then Burkhead gets hurt and Ameer takes over. Now Braylon leaves and Ameer gets hurt and Imani takes over. it is kinda ironic,

Yep. Aaron and Braylon both learning one of them life lessons the hard way. Just stay the course and keep plugging away. You just. Never. Know.

• Fire 1

Coach speak, tomorrow they will be the greatest team he has ever coached, the best defense he has ever been around. That is just Bo and about every other coach in the world. Attention grab for the team. Means absolutely nothing. Gobble gobble this crap up every year, every spring and every fall. Same at Bama, Colorado or Oregon.

Bo's never blown up his team like that in front of the media before.

i wouldnt say that. I remember a few years back in fall camp he was asked about a possible depth chart and he flipped out about how bad they practiced and wasnt worried about a depth chart, just getting ready for the first game or some thing.

It still wasn't as bad as saturday. He basically called the whole team out, and challenged them.

Ummmm....you do realize it was a "planned" spontaneous disappointed speech. Coaches don't have 20 minute jam sessions like that off the cuff. They were put in a position to fail in order to build them up. Expect to see more of it since the team is young.

I'm not disagreeing at all. I'm just saying I don't remember him doing that before. FWIW, I don't have a problem with it at all.

Still glad he is gone bc he didn't want to be here. Onto the next man up that wants to be a husker

Gotta be honest, this line is BS. He wanted to be here but either 1) didn't feel like he was going to see the field a lot, 2) didn't like the role the coaches wanted to put him in, or 3) didn't feel he was getting a fair shake.

Still glad he is gone bc he didn't want to be here. Onto the next man up that wants to be a husker

Gotta be honest, this line is BS. He wanted to be here but either 1) didn't feel like he was going to see the field a lot, 2) didn't like the role the coaches wanted to put him in, or 3) didn't feel he was getting a fair shake.

It is really a combination of all the above

All the reasons u say why you don't agree prove my point.

1. Wasn't going to see the field bc ameer is much better.

2. Didn't like his role, well then beat out the guy in front of u.

3. In division 1 football at top programs you earn your fair shake. Ameer beat out a five star Green and Heard was a top 100 recruit. He earned his "fair shake".

If he wanted to be here he still would be. He quit.

• Fire 1

3. In division 1 football at top programs you earn your fair shake. Ameer beat out a five star Green and Heard was a top 100 recruit. He earned his "fair shake".

Do you know what Heard was told by coaches regarding how much he would play etc? I'm gonna guess and say you do not. Braylon felt like he got the shaft because he never got the carries he should have. Ameer was beat up as the season progressed and we still rode him to death. Braylon should have got carries and didn't. It is too bad for all parties involved it worked out this way.

I still would like someone to explain or show me what we saw from Braylon that created this perception that he is or was gonna be so great. I never saw it.

Yes, I'm completely serious.

He has the extra gear in regards to speed and acceleration that only one other player on our roster has. He averaged what? 7+ ypc. Give me a zone read with Martinez and Heard all freaking day and twice on Sundays

Do you know what Heard was told by coaches regarding how much he would play etc? I'm gonna guess and say you do not. Braylon felt like he got the shaft because he never got the carries he should have. Ameer was beat up as the season progressed and we still rode him to death. Braylon should have got carries and didn't. It is too bad for all parties involved it worked out this way.

First, you know Braylon was dinged up this year, too, right? Second, are you implying you can judge RB talent and the depth chart better than Ron Brown and Tim Beck?

• Fire 1

I still would like someone to explain or show me what we saw from Braylon that created this perception that he is or was gonna be so great. I never saw it.

Yes, I'm completely serious.

I actually thought his field of vision was better than Ameers. And he was harder to tackle in open space and I think the guys in practice would agree with that. His issue was picking up the blitz. They planned to put him in a position to use his strengths as feature wingback, in the diamond and a few other packages. Part of that was the idea of being a slot receiver at times. It was going to be a 6-8 touches a game type of role and he wanted more. And practice reps were going to be harder to get in the Iback spot. To me the coaches were trying to give him the best opportunity. I guess I see it similar to JT who came here to be a QB and they found a way to get him on the field if he wanted it. Its like a job. If you don't like the role the company sees you in or needs you in, you're free to work somewhere else if you want to try to do a different job.