#TeamJack Super Thread

http://espn.go.com/c...ollege-football

"It was all unscripted, other than us letting him score a touchdown," Pelini said. "Our kids running into the end zone, I never told them to do that. When I saw both sidelines empty and saw them celebrating with him that was special. Our kids have been around this young man and have such a tremendous amount of respect for him and love him. He doesn't say much, but he's an intense kid. Obviously, he's been through so much."

-----

"It was just such a rush," Andy said. "I was proud for a lot of reasons. I was so proud of how he did. He didn't fumble the ball. He ran the right way. I was so proud he didn't let Coach Pelini down. I lost it."

-----

"It's what we try to teach them every day: that there's a much bigger picture out there other than football," Pelini said. "There just is. Sometimes, that gets lost with everything that goes into college football. There's so much pressure and so much at stake. Sometimes our kids feel like, 'Wow! Football is tough and it's difficult.' Football is hard. But when you compare it to what a 7-year-old like Jack is going through, it pales in comparison. They should look up to the heavens every day and be thankful."

That last statement by pelini should be posted over and over again in the vote page discussion on ESPN. Maybe it will get through to some of the boneheads out there, but probably not.

As Clyde just said, it should be posted over and over again on Huskerboard as well. Maybe it will get through to some of the boneheads in our own state and messageboard when we don't go undefeated.

"It was all unscripted, other than us letting him score a touchdown," Pelini said. "Our kids running into the end zone, I never told them to do that. When I saw both sidelines empty and saw them celebrating with him that was special. Our kids have been around this young man and have such a tremendous amount of respect for him and love him. He doesn't say much, but he's an intense kid. Obviously, he's been through so much."

-----

"It was just such a rush," Andy said. "I was proud for a lot of reasons. I was so proud of how he did. He didn't fumble the ball. He ran the right way. I was so proud he didn't let Coach Pelini down. I lost it."

-----

"It's what we try to teach them every day: that there's a much bigger picture out there other than football," Pelini said. "There just is. Sometimes, that gets lost with everything that goes into college football. There's so much pressure and so much at stake. Sometimes our kids feel like, 'Wow! Football is tough and it's difficult.' Football is hard. But when you compare it to what a 7-year-old like Jack is going through, it pales in comparison. They should look up to the heavens every day and be thankful."

Some really great pictures in that story!

-----

-----

That last statement by pelini should be posted over and over again in the vote page discussion on ESPN. Maybe it will get through to some of the boneheads out there, but probably not.

It would probably fit in some threads on here too.

Good point. I'm just as guilty as others, but relative to some of the crap I've been reading on ESPN I guess I'm a helluva guy.

-----

-----

As Clyde just said, it should be posted over and over again on Huskerboard as well. Maybe it will get through to some of the boneheads in our own state and messageboard when we don't go undefeated.

Hey, don't call me that : )

-----

-----

It would probably fit in some threads on here too.

Good point. I'm just as guilty as others, but relative to some of the crap I've been reading on ESPN I guess I'm a helluva guy.

It was like reading 1000 straight comments from FLU :D We're all gullty at one point or another. I was talking about the people who have "sources" inside the program and such.

That is a great article by Mark Schlabach.

Comments:

Nebraska's fight song makes two bold claims: "There is no place like Nebraska" and "We all stick together in all kinds of weather." Both, obviously, ring so true. Top class.

-Vol fan

Heres a tweet from Sportscenters Best of the Best winner and South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney

@clownejd

S/O to the kid that scored at Nebraska spring game I see you doing your thing and you had cancer you was already winning fighting cancer

It's nice he said that. But that's some good grammar LOL

-----

-----

Whoa whoa whoa..... Pump yer brakes!!!

You mean we're not gonna go undefeated? Why wait till the seasons over then, fire Bo now!

:sarcasm

That was about the neatest thing I have ever seen.

Had a major affect on my house hold. My wife is a chair person for Relay for Life. One of her friends called yesterday afternoon, talking about how great it was. Most know she has very little respect for Bo, but I think that changed yesterday. She was in tears when she asked if I had seen it. I know there is less money in the bank this morning. I am pretty sure she is back on the Nebraska band wagon. "Anyone that would show that much compassion for Jack has to be a great guy, I have to be wrong".

I lost my best friend to this terrible disease, I pray that the added exposure this video gives it, the battle will be won, and in time to save our greatest little hero.

Great day for Nebraska, Jack and Bo Pelini.

Little Jack was also awarded the "Game Ball" from Saturday's Spring Game, along with getting his picture taken with Bo Pelini. Check it out in this BTN article http://btn.com/2013/04/08/photo-hoffman-gets-game-ball-photo-with-pelini/

Again, I give so much credit to Bo Pelini, the players, and everyone involved with the University who helped make this special moment happen for this little boy.

Tom Osborne said it best, "it's about more than winning." I'm so proud to be a Cornhusker fan!