The worst NFL Draft for Nebraska since... ?

Cincinnati is a death sentence.

Disagree, they dont have a RB. I bet he starts week 1

I am not saying Rex will not get a chance to play, just that Cincinnati is a bad team. I also feel sorry for all the NU players in Detroit doomed to suffer on a bad team year after year.

havent they made the playoffs 2 years in a row? not easy to do when you have to play the steelers and ravens 4 times a year.

Here's hoping they win the super bowl with Rex as starting RB.

• Fire 1
Cincinnati is a death sentence.

Disagree, they dont have a RB. I bet he starts week 1

I am not saying Rex will not get a chance to play, just that Cincinnati is a bad team. I also feel sorry for all the NU players in Detroit doomed to suffer on a bad team year after year.

havent they made the playoffs 2 years in a row? not easy to do when you have to play the steelers and ravens 4 times a year.

Here's hoping they win the super bowl with Rex as starting RB.

hell yeah

Sure this wasn't a great nfl draft for the Huskers but I don't think that fact conveys all the meanings many are claiming. It simply means this years senior class contained little of what the nfl looks for. I realize the upper echelon of the college world is approaching the nfl style but many, if not most, past Husker greats were also not highly valued by the nfl. Mike Rozier, Johnny Rodgers, Eric Crouch, Tommy Frazier, Scott Frost, and the list could go on. I believe the draft story is not near as indicative of college offensive players as it is for D players. And there is no denying our draft class this year did not have defensive talent. I think about the only 2 things that can be inferred are that this recruiting class was pretty much a bust, with a few exceptions, and that the coaching staff did a fairly amazing job considering what they had to work with.

• Fire 1

Great college players do not necessarily equate to great nfl players and vice versa. Look at Roger Craigs nfl career and then realize he was not even our feature back, yet Rozier was and his pro career was not all that impressive. I just don't think this draft, or any, can be used to point to significant program shortcomings. Callahan had much better draft classes than this one. That fact alone should caution you to back away from that ledge.

• Fire 1

Here are some numbers that translate into results.

SEC: 63

Non-FBS teams: 36

ACC: 30

Pac-12: 28

156249-330-0.jpgMarcus Lattimore and Jesse Williams were among the 63 SEC players taken in the NFL Draft. (AP Photo)

Big 12: 22

Big East: 21

Big Ten: 20

Conference USA: 8

Independents: 7

MAC: 7

MWC: 7

Sun Belt: 4

The B1G overall looks horrible. Factor in we had as many guys as App state and one more than Elon............

Unsure what the hell the SEC does and how they do it/get away with it, but the NCAA needs to level the playing field or the rest of the country needs to change things up.

Hard to argue with the likes of Bama, UGA, USC, UF, A&M, LSU etc and their results on the field as it relates to their draft picks. NFL talent, in this case, equates to wins at the college level.

Here are some numbers that translate into results.

SEC: 63

Non-FBS teams: 36

ACC: 30

Pac-12: 28

156249-330-0.jpgMarcus Lattimore and Jesse Williams were among the 63 SEC players taken in the NFL Draft. (AP Photo)

Big 12: 22

Big East: 21

Big Ten: 20

Conference USA: 8

Independents: 7

MAC: 7

MWC: 7

Sun Belt: 4

The B1G overall looks horrible. Factor in we had as many guys as App state and one more than Elon............

Unsure what the hell the SEC does and how they do it/get away with it, but the NCAA needs to level the playing field or the rest of the country needs to change things up.

Hard to argue with the likes of Bama, UGA, USC, UF, A&M, LSU etc and their results on the field as it relates to their draft picks. NFL talent, in this case, equates to wins at the college level.

I would like to see a write up that shows how many players from each conference were draft eligible. That might paint a better picture. Not sayin it would improve the Big 10's look, but I would still like to see it.

This draft showed several things or things one can infer:

a) incredible lack of draft-eligible talent

b) incredible lack of developing players

c) great coaching in that we won 10 games

d) the B1G is a horrific conference at best

e) we have a long, long way to go

Thoughts?

What does Ohio St's three players drafted say about them?

a) incredible lack of talent

Thoughts?

B and c don't make sense. How can we not have the player development and have great coaching. We have the coaching and they got the best out of the average talent we had. The classes and talent have gotten better and we should see some improvement on the field. Will it be national championship good? Probably not, but I think it will be close. Unless Stanton turns out to be the stud of the decade our current recruiting is going to get us close but IMO we need just a bit more, 2 or 3 years if we keep Beck. So ya a long way to go, but not bad.

So you think because Burkhead is white, that will be why he doesn't get drafted?

It honestly doesnt help that he is white. I know it sounds dumb but lets be honest how many white rb's play in the nfl let alone get drafted? I'm not saying that nfl teams wont draft him due to his skin color, but generally speaking black rb's are more athletic and better than white rb's. is that always the case? certainly not, but it is alot of the time, which causes white rb's to get passed by.

Okay, if your answer is "no, skin color has nothing to do with it" then just say "no". Because from what you just said I'm not sure if you're relating athleticism and skin color.

I think it's more about genetic makeup than anything. And odd's are higher for black guys to have more natural athletic ability. It's not racism, it's genetics.

Sociology of Sport would argue vehemently against you.

Great college players do not necessarily equate to great nfl players and vice versa. Look at Roger Craigs nfl career and then realize he was not even our feature back, yet Rozier was and his pro career was not all that impressive. I just don't think this draft, or any, can be used to point to significant program shortcomings. Callahan had much better draft classes than this one. That fact alone should caution you to back away from that ledge.

It also gets down to 'fit' not every college player gets drafted into a franchise that has its crap together. Some teams figure out what players do best and make the most of them, others force the 'system' and do the square peg/round hole thing.

a) incredible lack of talent

Thoughts?

B and c don't make sense. How can we not have the player development and have great coaching. We have the coaching and they got the best out of the average talent we had. The classes and talent have gotten better and we should see some improvement on the field. Will it be national championship good? Probably not, but I think it will be close. Unless Stanton turns out to be the stud of the decade our current recruiting is going to get us close but IMO we need just a bit more, 2 or 3 years if we keep Beck. So ya a long way to go, but not bad.

The list wasn't meant to be a) and b) and c). It was more of a collection of thoughts.