Thomas Brown & Ernest Suttles Off the Team

What kind of freshman.. been here for two weeks max.. takes a beer bottle and beats a more senior player over the head? He really got to hate him that much in two weeks that it got bad? Jusst sounds like a punk to me

Kind of what I was thinking

Alcohol

I think we were all pumped to see what Brown could do....lets not try to deny that now. HOWEVER I watched Aflava and Brown in Spring Game (watched twice) and I was more impressed with Aflava. I think Brown would have been a good player here but we are fine....

Aflava- Same athletic ability of Brown but little bulkier....I look for him to be a starter this year. Remember, the coaches said Aflava was ahead of Brown this spring.

Santos- Will start this year imo, experienced as we have. Still young, will be good!

Anderson- Best LB on team...the Oklahoma drill still gives me the chills! Wow I am excited for his year!

Rose- Run stuffer! He has a nose for the ball...remember he was the more highly recruited of Aflava, Brown and himself...his time will come!

Love- IMO the most physical speciman we have....when I saw him at the Spring game it was hard to believe that was a 18 year old kid....if he gets the mental side WATCH OUT....

Roach- Had a great spring game...be interesting to see what he can do in fall camp

Newby, Banderas- RS for sure this year...but will be key contributors in the future! Just need a year to physically prepare.

Sure Brown hurts...but we had two GREAT LB recruiting classes recently...

• Fire 2

Some of the rumors i have heard is that Brown is gone for an incident unrelated to Suttles.

Suttles being gone isn't surprising. Do wonder what all is up with Brown being gone. Is it true he and Suttles were trying to fight TM and AA? Were there previous problems?

Nothing like that happened. That stemmed from a joke that I made in rumorville.

My bad, thought it was a joke that stemmed from something actually happening between the parties.

Apparently not a question on the ACT/SAT...

What is something you do to get playing time?

a) Work hard on the field and in the classroom

b) Flash women your manhood in public

c) Assault a fellow teammate with a beer bottle

These tests nowadays are way too hard.

• Fire 5

Supposedly brown was already on a short leash due to prior incidents, so it is understandable.

This being the straw that broke the camel's back rather than the whole reason he's gone would make more sense. Figured there was probably some reason outside what was coming-out for him to be gone.

Cornnation has some good updates on this situation. Brown and Suttles started a fight with an unnamed Husker (this might be Jonathon Rose, who's name showed up in the beginning, nothing to verify, just a hunch considering we now know what the other 3 names were doing), Santos attempts to stop the fight and Suttles hit him with a bottle.

Obviously it sucks to lose anyone that is going to be a contributer, but like others have said by the end of spring ball it was really looking like Afalava was taking hold of that Buck spot. Also I think we all knew that we were going to have a hard time getting all of the talent on the field at LBer. Between Love, Newby and Banderas and some of our veterans I think we are going to have plenty of talent behind our starters, just inexperienced, which Brown was anyway.

And don't forget about this guy. http://www.hudl.com/...lights/20349373 Walk-On Jack Fordon might be the best of them all by the time it is all said and done. I still can't believe this kid walked-on.

I'm a little bit more bummed about losing Suttles cause I loved his highlights but he likely would not have been a major factor for at least a couple years. We have to make up for losing him now on the recruiting trail or I will be disappointed.