SIGNED QB Zack Darlington

knapplc

Update says he never lost consciousness. I call BS. He has to stay in the hospital over nite. Certainly not a normal concussion. Glad he's ok, and certainly hope he didn't lose conciousness that long but I'm very skeptical.

http://touch.orlando...e/p2p-77146363/

I'm with you. They showed him for a couple of minutes right after the hit and his legs didn't move at all, and when they cut back again it appeared they still hadn't changed position. He looked like he was conscious even after he hit the ground but after he rolled over he was motionless form then on.

Update says he never lost consciousness. I call BS. He has to stay in the hospital over nite. Certainly not a normal concussion. Glad he's ok, and certainly hope he didn't lose conciousness that long but I'm very skeptical.

I'm with you. They showed him for a couple of minutes right after the hit and his legs didn't move at all, and when they cut back again it appeared they still hadn't changed position. He looked like he was conscious even after he hit the ground but after he rolled over he was motionless form then on.

There's no way they call a medi vac if he never lost consciousness and was moving. No way he stays in the hospital over night.

• Fire 1

What the hell?The kid walks off the field with some sort of injury no one knows anything about, in the first game of his senior year, and you guys are wondering if we should be looking for another QB. I don't care if he blew his knee out, its a year before he gets here. Stanton got hurt and no one suggested backing off him. Come on guys, he walked off the field, relax

He was airlifted to the hospital after lying motionless for several minutes.

There's no way they call a medi vac if he never lost consciousness and was moving. No way he stays in the hospital over night.

This.

Don't understand what dad was thinking if Zach was concussed, or even possibly concussed, earlier. I coach two Under 12 girls soccer teams and concussion education is required. Cardinal rule: if you suspect a player may be concussed they immediately come off the field, are evaluated by a professional and if concussed they are not allowed to play. I have to assume Rick did not think Zack had an issue earlier.

The risk mgmt. guys over at Disney probably have a zero doubt policy especially when dealing with HS athletes. He probably was told to stay down and pre determined plans were put into action. The second/third concussion is the main issue and one that probably will end this young man's fb career.

What the hell?The kid walks off the field with some sort of injury no one knows anything about, in the first game of his senior year, and you guys are wondering if we should be looking for another QB. I don't care if he blew his knee out, its a year before he gets here. Stanton got hurt and no one suggested backing off him. Come on guys, he walked off the field, relax

He was airlifted to the hospital after lying motionless for several minutes.

http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-77146363/

Any program worth a damn will pay for a commit's education if he suffers a career ending injury. It would not count against the 25/85 limits and is just the right thing to do. Pretty sure Lou Holtz and ND screwed over the younger Peter brother in such a situation.

Bringing in an "athlete" prospect wouldn't be a bad idea in any year, but especially if our QB recruit has a history of concussions. Fortunately we have two great prospects in the two classes ahead of him, so it's not a dire need anyway.

All that said, this conversation is a bit premature and I hope we see this guy running for the end zone in Lincoln in a few years.

I was (hoping) that he was more referring to if it was a career threatening injury.

That's what I was referring to. It is the second injury he has had to his head in less than a year. Last thing I wanna see is someone playing for us that has serious possibilities or history of something. If he can still play I would love for him to be a Husker. Oh and HuskerUnity a leg injury is ALOT different than a head injury....

We have athletic trainers that will make sure he's good to go.