No College Game Day?

It's too bad that UCLA vs Nebraska isn't slated for a later time. I was really hoping that Nebraska would be host to College Game Day this week. I wonder what it will take for College Game Day to be at a Nebraska game? I have a feeling if when Nebraska plays at Michigan, if both are undefeated for the game, ESPN will be there for that one.

Not having Alabama playing A&M on the same day

• Fire 4

It's too bad that UCLA vs Nebraska isn't slated for a later time. I was really hoping that Nebraska would be host to College Game Day this week. I wonder what it will take for College Game Day to be at a Nebraska game? I have a feeling if when Nebraska plays at Michigan, if both are undefeated for the game, ESPN will be there for that one.

Absolutely no chance unless both Alabama and A&M were winless and even them I'm not so sure.

No chance NEB was getting college game day with A&M vs. Bama going on.....Mich vs Neb could be a possibility.

EDIT: Wow, guess I was beat to it...twice

Looking ahead, if northwestern upsets Ohio state, which they have at home and a bye week before, they would most likely come in 8-0 to lincoln. If we beat UCLA we will be 7-0 for that game. Game day would be right here in Lincoln. Absolutely no good games that week at all! I literally couldn't find one that would challenge it. It's pretty crazy to think NW could be a game day game. Michigan most likely won't because they were their for ND and most likely tOSU they will be there if it has big implications

Hopefully, when Fox Sports 1 gets in stride, their College Football show will go to the locations neglected by ESPN, and all this teeth gnashing over GameDay will be rendered moot.

Looking ahead, if northwestern upsets Ohio state, which they have at home and a bye week before, they would most likely come in 8-0 to lincoln. If we beat UCLA we will be 7-0 for that game. Game day would be right here in Lincoln. Absolutely no good games that week at all! I literally couldn't find one that would challenge it. It's pretty crazy to think NW could be a game day game. Michigan most likely won't because they were their for ND and most likely tOSU they will be there if it has big implications

The only problem with this is that we're in the bottom part of the Top 25 (AP)--even if we beat UCLA (which I believe we will) and both NU and Northwestern go undefeated, Northwestern is likely going to be at or very close to being a Top 10 team, where we may still be toiling around #20 or so due to our craptacular schedule, which makes this a good, but not great Top 25 matchup...and possibly not good enough to warrant GameDay blessing us with their presence.

Hopefully I'm wrong (save for the NU beating UCLA bit)...

It doesn't matter who your wins are against - if you are 8-0 or 7-0, you're going to be a top 15 team 9 weeks into the season.

Also, how many times has it even been here? Just twice? 2001 vs Oklahoma and 2007 vs USC?

It was at NU quite a few times in the 90s. Off the top of my head, they were here in 1994 for both UCLA and Colorado. Craig James was dubbed the "Mayor of O Street" after hitting the bars after the games were over.