Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I disagree with Bo, we need Tommie Frasier in all capacities.

I disagree. Tommie has an issue with publicity. He's made a fool out of himself at alumni functions before and was asked to calm it down by Tom.

What does Tommie even do with his life? I follow him on Twitter, and I've been tempted to unfollow him multiple times because all he does is retweet peoples' tweets about how he was the greatest player ever. Can't say I'm a fan of that type of person....

Tommie acts the way he does, because we, as fans gave him that entitlement.

I was about to post something to the same effect. Tommie is still trying to live off from what he did as a 22 year old kid, nearly 20 years ago. The worst part is that Nebraska fans allow him to do so. Maybe I am not much better when I say "hey Tommie" when he walks by he and my son at the halftime of a game last year. At least I didn't stop him and try to take a picture with him or ask for his autograph.

When Tommie makes these comments, and we take it like gospel, then that feeds his ego. I understand TF was a great player. But, he was a complete failure as a football coach. I would think that he would cut another football player slack.

I'm not upset about this one bit, you are all overreacting.

Really? The team doesn't control their emotions in the game. Things start to happen and the team unravels. Stupid late hit penalties, fumbles, a lack of composure all around. Then you read the Mitch Sherman article, listen to this recording... ask yourself... where does that lack of composure come from? I think you know the answer.

Now we learn he launched into a tirade at Barfknecht in a jewelery store, while he was likely buying a Christmas present for his wife? How can you be the highest paid Nebraska state employee in history and behave in that way?

Wait, what??

In the OWH. Barfknecht should be taken with a grain of salt, but here it is: http://www.omaha.com.../130918903/1001

Why does that article make me feel like the media's disdain for Bo and the leak are completely connected?

I was at the Wyoming game (and you can see on tape if you recorded BTN) he turns around and gives the 'get out of here waive' to the fans after we score a TD. The head coach should not be doing this. I beleive he has great passion towards his players as many suggest to be true, but he needs to get a grip on the outside media and some fans who will never be satisfied. He says he doesn't worry about it. Really? I don't think Bo should be fired, but I think this is a huge wake up call for him going forward.

I was at the Wyoming game (and you can see on tape if you recorded BTN) he turns around and gives the 'get out of here waive' to the fans after we score a TD. The head coach should not be doing this. I beleive he has great passion towards his players as many suggest to be true, but he needs to get a grip on the outside media and some fans who will never be satisfied. He says he doesn't worry about it. Really? I don't think Bo should be fired, but I think this is a huge wake up call for him going forward.

I saw that too. It's one thing to be emotional while coaching and passionate about winning. But showing so much anger towards the fans and media that ultimately uphold much of your professional value is childish. I'm starting to wonder how much digging Osborne did when he hired him. We now know that Ohio State reportedly did not consider him because of his temper.

I thought he done that after a penalty was called, not a TD.

I know this is the thread about some recording, and honestly at the moment I don't even care about the recording. I care about the short sightedness. If Pelini goes, we've basically gone through a coach every 6 years since TO's retirement. TO's legacy is because of his last 5 seasons and deservedly so......but the 20 before that had their share of ups and downs. I understand the thing about blowout losses. Callahan had them and Pelini has had them. But we're not going to build a program with a coaching carousel. When it comes to Nebraska football, I'm a nobody......I'm not a big donor and I have no weight to throw around. I know a little bit about football and quite a bit about the Huskers dating back to the 1970's. I'm just a poster on some internet message board. But I don't want a coaching change.

+1 Me too...

Don't compare Pelini to Osborne. Just don't, please. I don't even have to present an argument on that.

Sorry, EVERY NU head coach will be compared to TO... for all time.