Shhh gesture to home crowd

JTrain

Yeah, this isn't the first time I've seen a player do this toward their own fans. It's not meant as something "against" the fans.

I'm trying to find a reference to this but now I'm failing. I know I've seen this before. Maybe "a bunch" was too much of an exaggeration, though.

i agree. i highly doubt that it was 'against' the husker faithful. just something players do. silence the critics, calm down and enjoy the awesomeness, relax... this ain't no thing. who knows what it specifically meant or means. just something to do with your hands when celebrating.

This the absolute worst rule in college football, maybe in sports. What the hell, the kids are just having fun. Bell did not taunt anyone or generate any attention to himself. His catch was phenomenal and speaks for itself. Maybe the NCAA will have a rule that exceptional and spectacular plays are, by themselves, just showing off. What a bunch of idiots, both the NCAA and the ref.

By the way, one of the radio announcers alluded to the fact that the same ref who made the call against Bell is the same official that made a similar bogus call against K-State! Can anyone verify that? If so, we should inundate the NCAA with emails until their system fails.

I run around my living room giving the same SHHH' gesture when I slam you fockers here on Huskerboard too.....so I guess it all makes sense.

Sometimes I even do the Lambeua leap onto my fiance' on the couch........It's our favorite position.

Nobody here takes what you say seriously anyway, so have at it.

I have to echo others' thoughts - awful call by the officials. Absolutely awful. Totally sucking the fun out of the game. I agree with what I heard Davison say - if you're taunting the other team, fine, throw a flag. But, if you're celebrating a big play with your teammates, who cares?

That official was probably a butt hurt Illinois alum.