Black Friday preference

Redux

Playing the day after Thanksgiving is something we want for the future and has been a staple for years. But if you had the choice of opponent from the entire pool of Big Ten teams, who would you pick. There have been rumblings that Wisconsin will replace Iowa in the season finale but is that the team you would pick first?

In a perfect world I would pick Michigan but thats not an option with Ohio State being their closer. Wisconsin would be better than Iowa but still not a perfect fit. I would love to see Penn State take over our Black Friday spot from Iowa. The look the game has when NU and PSU take the field is one the casual viewer may be intrigued by. It has the feel of old school Football and has been a fun series so far in its infancy as a conference game. Unfortunately we lose them as a permanent crossover opponent, but they would be my first choice.

I like PSU too.

Wisky def gonna turn into a rivalry for us, but PSU is a nice "traditional power" team as u said.

Plus, if they rebound like it seems they will, that late win for us could be a nice bump in the polls late in the year. Unlike what Iowa brings, which is nothing.

• Fire 1

For that game, I too would prefer Penn St but, since it needs to be a team in our division and can't be Michigan, Wisconsin it is. Michigan State might also be acceptable. The problem with Iowa is, they just aren't now nor ever will be good enough to be considered an on the field rival. The shared border and general douchiness of their fans qualifies Iowa, but they don't bring it on any sort of regular basis onto the field. The black Friday game should be against a team that stands a chance of beating us at least 40% of the time.

iowa is my last choice. along with what jj said, i would add that iowa is one of the best road games because it is closest. but who wants to travel to iowa city the day after t-day? maybe minnesota for mall of america.

i would prefer just about anyone other than iowa, and frankly all i would want is someone who wants to play on black friday and respects that it could turn into a great rivalry game. wiscy would be best, imo.

• Fire 1