The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

What does everyone think of Joe Moglia? Used to be on our staff in '10. Went to HC @ coastal Carolina and won a conference championship his first year and his team is Undefeated so far this seasob

Here's my comment with Joe, would any other perennial top 40 program in the FBS hire him? Not saying that Joe couldn't do, but he hasn't proven himself in my book. I also refuse to evaluate a coach on a single season complete season.

I am by no means endorsing the following, but wouldn't it be something if Joe brought together an all start team with Scott Frost + other proven coordinators and it actually worked out. Even less of chance than Nebraska getting Chris Petersen, but ya . . . . . . :sarcasm

You guys think Richt is unattainable, but you mention guys like Lovie Smith and Dungy and Herm? Heck, why not add Cowher and Tomlin to the mix while you're at it.

All those names are unrealistic...

Including Petersen, Fitzgerald, and the easter bunny...

I don't think Petersen is too unrealistic.

Boise is struggling.

I would agree, I think he has to see the ever changing landscape and realize that the upcoming Playoff limits his ability to get to the top with Boise even more. The BCS has that non-power conference clause that would allow Boise to get in to the best bowls even with 1 loss in a weak conference. My issue with Petersen is that I am not sure how well he would recruit. He seems to do well at Boise, but a lot of that is finding diamonds and JUCO's. I don't follow that school enough to know how much of an emphasis he places on recruiting, if he has a great system he would do well at NU. If he has a similar approach to Bo.....

Give Pelini the players Saban currently has and you would be comparing him to Woody Hayes or Bear Bryant or George Patton.

You gotta do better than that.

Give Pelini the players Saban currently has and you would be comparing him to Woody Hayes or Bear Bryant or George Patton.

Tom Osborne?

Tom Osborne?

Even Osborne wasn't recruiting at the same level as Saban.