Sipple: "It would be wrong to break up this staff."

Ulty

If those changes I mentioned took place you would see an immediate bump in many of our weaknesses. ST and recruiting as well as QB play as a whole. If zero changes are made than we know that Bo isn't really looking at the big picture nor setting us up to compete for a playoff spot in the future. We have enough defensive talent that if Bo would bring in a solid DC he could do what he does best and mold players. The one thing Pelini has always excelled at is coaching a specific group/position. You allow him more time to develop players and less time with Xs and Os on defense. Makes too much sense almost

I'm elated with the win against Penn State and have come back around to realizing that Bo deserves to stay, after having been down on the idea for much of the season. But I think perhaps Sipple is a little too caught up in the moment if he thinks no staff changes at all need to occur after the season.

And no, I'm not swept up "in the moment."

I'm simply impressed by a Nebraska outfit that improved to 8-3 overall and 5-2 in the Big Ten despite shrill cries from an anti-Pelini crowd that seems to use every mistake as an indictment of the coaching staff.

No way a team prevails in the Big House and Beaver Stadium if it was lacking character, toughness, savvy, Grade-A athletes and competent coaching.

:dunno

If those changes I mentioned took place you would see an immediate bump in many of our weaknesses. ST and recruiting as well as QB play as a whole. If zero changes are made than we know that Bo isn't really looking at the big picture nor setting us up to compete for a playoff spot in the future. We have enough defensive talent that if Bo would bring in a solid DC he could do what he does best and mold players. The one thing Pelini has always excelled at is coaching a specific group/position. You allow him more time to develop players and less time with Xs and Os on defense. Makes too much sense almost

So you'd hate Pelini less then?

I will be honest and say I was 90% for Bo up to the big 10 championship game last year. Many programs do need several years to develop back into relevant programs. This year up to the Minnesota game turned me around and against him. Also, the audio tape part about him walking out the door made me think this is only a stepping stone for him. Still not sure about that. Now that the team has scratched back and shown some character/toughness I'm a little less sure. That is the nature of this program though. We have a lot of ups and downs. Drinking the koolaid and then throwing it up has taken it's toll on a lot of the fans myself included. I want more consistency and that really has been the most frustrating part for me.

To be sure we have seen "real" progress in the OL and WR. I'm very happy with Garrison and Fisher. These aress have definitely improved the last couple years under Bo.

Brown is a great coach as can be seen with the RB's. The consistancy is there.

The defense has also made big strides since the second half of Northwestern. I just wonder though if we keep being aggressive or revert back to his bend but don't break philosophy next year.

Special teams and strength & conditioning are areas needing some serious work. I hope he realizes this and will actually do something about it.

Now that the Iowa game is upon is I think this game might be where Bo's future is decided. Go 9-3 and he stays , but 8-4 could end it. The big boosters and projections of keeping the sell out streak alive are also factors.

I hope we beat Iowa, but much more importantly I want Bo to make some changes so we can finally take the next step. It should be very interesting to see what Eichorst has to say to him at the end of the year. Does he force Bo into making some changes? Does Bo give him the middle finger?

The big 10 is weak overall and it drives me crazy that we can't take advantage of this. If Bo survives this year ( I think he will), then lets hope year 7 things will finally turn us around and get us to the next step.

I've definitely cooled on Beck this year. Wouldn't be too upset if he took a C-USA HC job, or something. If that sort of thing would still be plausible, that is.

He is looking for that type of job, so if he is here next year it won't be from lack of trying. Pop is pretty much gone as is Gantz. As stated above it would really be nice to finally get rid of Barney, he has never been anything other than dead weight.

I was wondering what Beck was looking for. This clears it up.

That's really all that matters then...............

I don't agree that changes don't need to be made to this staff, there are plenty of things that could be changed. OC, DC, ST, Strength and Conditioning, etc. I think the order of that goes, ST, OC, S&C, DC.......

• Fire 1

That's really all that matters then...............

I don't agree that changes don't need to be made to this staff, there are plenty of things that could be changed. OC, DC, ST, Strength and Conditioning, etc. I think the order of that goes, Cotton, S&C ST, OC, DC.......

Fixed it for you and I agree.

I'm not sure how to feel about Pelini at this point. I waver back and forth, because there are a lot of factors at play here.

First, he does win a lot of games. Not big games, but he still puts out a respectable product. The defense has shown signs of improvement, although we still allow far too many rushing yards and the opponents we showed the most improvement against are fairly miserable teams. But that is a big factor going into next year. Also, he does a lot of things the right way. Graduation rates, GPAs, players mostly staying out of trouble, etc. These are all very commendable things.

We're perpetually "close" with Pelini. Whatever "close" means. We are right there, waiting to break through... and then we fall flat on our faces on the biggest stages. I guess the problem I have, is with the systemic issues that never seem to be fixed. Stupid penalties, dropped passes, fumbles, interceptions, etc. I mean we had 2 or 3 illegal formation penalties yesterday. That is completely absurd for game 11. Game 1, fine. Game 11, unacceptable. Yet year after year, game after game, the same issues crop up and bite us. Special teams are a complete and utter joke at this point, aside from one awesome return. Jordan Westerkamp, bless his heart, averages 2.7 yards per return. 2.7. Take away one 19 yard return and he averages a nearly incomprehensible 1.7 yards per return. You'd get that by falling forward every time you caught a punt. Santino Panico averaged 3.1 in 2004 and became a standard joke, representative of the Callahan era.

I guess, at this point, whatever happens is fine. If he's fired, fine. Include the audio tape and his run of looking for other jobs, and he's done more than enough to warrant being fired. If he's kept, fine. He's done enough to warrant that too. But if he's kept, I would expect to see staff changes. At the very least, hire a competent special teams coach. But I would also like to see an experienced defensive coordinator hired. If no staff changes are made, he has one more year, in my book. One more year to win big. A 9-4 season next year won't be enough.

I'm all for Bo staying on as head coach for several more years. And as I say that, I'm good with what ever decisions he makes regarding the rest of the staff. He is the head coach, and as long as he is, he needs to be free to make his choices. I'd like to see some changes, but I'm a technology guy, not a football guy. If I see him with a Blackberry or an Acer tablet on the sidelines..then I might change my mind and really start to question his common sense.

I'm all for Bo staying on as head coach for several more years. And as I say that, I'm good with what ever decisions he makes regarding the rest of the staff. He is the head coach, and as long as he is, he needs to be free to make his choices. I'd like to see some changes, but I'm a technology guy, not a football guy. If I see him with a Blackberry or an Acer tablet on the sidelines..then I might change my mind and really start to question his common sense.

What field in IT?

I'm elated with the win against Penn State and have come back around to realizing that Bo deserves to stay, after having been down on the idea for much of the season.

Seriously? Beating a 6-5 Penn State team in overtime, that has losses to Indiana, & Minny is all it took to change your mind? Every issue that has plagued this team for 3 seasons was right there, front and center trying to lose us a game we should have dominated. We're a 3 inch wide extra point attempt away from a loss and yet you're on the Bo-wagon because there's another W in the column? Come on man, quit flip flopping.

The damn special teams play is enough for me to want Bo out. I've never, at any level, seen punt coverage like that. Why do we even bother to put more than 3-4 guys out on the field? What the hell...that is a glaring beacon of light into Bo's HC ability. How can he watch that week in and week out and not step up and make a change? That's an HC duty, but he's either got his head in the sand, or just doesn't care. That's one glimpse so obvious even the casual fan can see the deficiency. But I can guarantee you the same deficiencies exists in other aspects of the game as well, most of us just aren't smart enough to see it so we go on thinking things are great. But opposing coaches see it.

• Fire 4
I'm sorry but special teams has been an utter joke since Ross Els arrived. He needs to go back to the MAC. Pelini needs to treat this like a business and make tough decisions that are best for the program and not worry about hurting cocaine carls feelings. I also would like to see us finally can Cotton. Garrison can handle the OL and Fisher can help with TE. Between Garrison and Fisher we can make up for any coaching Cotton can offer. I also want a DC that knows a thing or two. Yeah this is Bo's defense but we at the very least need to bring in someone who is experienced and able to expand Bo's defensive knowledge. Pay Will Muschamp $1 mil a year as DC. Hire a proven QB coach and get Doug Coleman here to replace Els. I could stomach Bo for another season if these types of changes are made
So bring n a guy with less experience to replace Els. Truth is if his name wasn't thrown out a few yers ago when he interviewed and didn't get the job no one would bring his name up. Only reason it was brought up then is because of his time hear as a GA. Wouldn't his hire be exactly like your bitching about Bo only hiring his buddies and people with little or no experience? Let's go find a new name to hire if you want a change. Maybe make a suggestion based on knowledge and actual research rather than the rss board recycled names. Whats Bill Busch doing? Or lets see Scott Frost was a on the defense once so let's get him.