New ideas for Memorial Stadium game day experience

Comish

For apparently being such well-informed fans, it sure is embarrassing to see the amount of people who only react when they blast "STAND UP AND SHOUT" over the loudspeakers. They don't seem to know to stand and shout on defensive 3rd downs (or, better yet, all defensive downs). But play "STAND UP AND SHOUT" in the middle of the halftime performance and they will gladly do so.

How about a friendly reminder from the PA announcer right before the defense takes the field for the first time? "The Blackshirts need your help today, Husker fans! Be sure to stand and shout when the opponent's offense takes the huddle!"

Guess we shouldn't have any music or videos at all then, since their entire purpose is to act as a catalyst towards getting the fans to higher levels of excitement and energy.

Better tell the players to stop waving their arms around too - that's wasted energy that could be used on the plays. After all, we don't need them to tell us to get excited we are well-informed fans we should already know."

raven-scared-gif.gif

Why so sarcastic and angry?

My point wasn't that there should be no music, videos or arm-waving, but simply that we should make an effort to educate everyone what the point of making noise is, and when it is good to do so. That way, the arm-waving and such can serve as an extra jolt of energy, but the standing up and shouting can happen with or without the verbal cue.

Of course, everyone on HuskerBoard understands this-- It's Attending A Football Game 101-- but I have seen way too many grown people in attendance (we won't get into gender differences...) who legitimately do not understand why they are standing and shouting on this play as opposed to any other, except for the fact that the loud man in the speaker told them to.

And you thought I was trying to ban arm-waving or something. Sheesh.

Remember when the crowd used to get fired up when the Blackshirts came on the field? Back when they didn't suck? Maybe let's just try and get our mojo back on defense and then we will be in the game to the end and all the rest of this BS takes care of itself. But, since Bo just got a slap on the ass from Eichorst so that isn't happening for a while. Beer is the answer! The only answer!

...I have seen way too many grown people in attendance (we won't get into gender differences...) who legitimately do not understand why they are standing and shouting on this play as opposed to any other, except for the fact that the loud man in the speaker told them to.

And we thought the blue hairs were our worst problem :lol:

For apparently being such well-informed fans, it sure is embarrassing to see the amount of people who only react when they blast "STAND UP AND SHOUT" over the loudspeakers. They don't seem to know to stand and shout on defensive 3rd downs (or, better yet, all defensive downs). But play "STAND UP AND SHOUT" in the middle of the halftime performance and they will gladly do so.

How about a friendly reminder from the PA announcer right before the defense takes the field for the first time? "The Blackshirts need your help today, Husker fans! Be sure to stand and shout when the opponent's offense takes the huddle!"

I blame faulty walkers.

Some new song choices: (Mostly could be done instrumental to a better/age appropriate result)

Powerman 5000 - Drop the Bombshell

Volbeat - 7 Shots

Jorge Quintero - 300 Violin Orchestra

Eminem - Cinerella Man

Korn - Here to Stay

Linkin Park - One Step Closer

Metallica - Orion

Metallica - Ride the Lighning

Orgy - Blue Monday

Pantera - Cemetary Gates

Ozzy Osbourne - Gets Me Through

Rob Zombie - Superbeast

You want to know something crazy? Two years ago I went to the South Carolina game I was the only one cheering in my entire row. Some old blue hair told me that I was "cheering to loud". Comeone man. If you wont stand up/cheer why even go to the games? Just watch it at home. I believe the music should be loud and energetic. I'm personally a big fan of here comes the boom on 3rd down on defense.

You want to know something crazy? Two years ago I went to the South Carolina game I was the only one cheering in my entire row. Some old blue hair told me that I was "cheering to loud". Comeone man. If you wont stand up/cheer why even go to the games? Just watch it at home. I believe the music should be loud and energetic. I'm personally a big fan of here comes the boom on 3rd down on defense.

Maybe its because South Carolinans don't even like the Gamecocks. Honestly I just can't stand their uniforms.

Maybe its because South Carolinans don't even like the Gamecocks. Honestly I just can't stand their uniforms.

This was a Nebraska fan btw.

This was a Nebraska fan btw.

Thats really sad