NU vs Georgia in the Gator Bowl

Nobody

I'm ambivalent. It's hard to get excited about watching Nebraska find new ways to shoot itself in the ass every game. And it's hard to get excited about rooting for a mediocre team.

Then we should deny the Gator Bowl's invitation, just stay home, and shut down the football program. Every program goes through rough stretches, so just support the damn team for what they are.

• Fire 1

I'm ambivalent. It's hard to get excited about watching Nebraska find new ways to shoot itself in the ass every game. And it's hard to get excited about rooting for a mediocre team.

Then we should deny the Gator Bowl's invitation, just stay home, and shut down the football program. Every program goes through rough stretches, so just support the damn team for what they are.

Yea, thats exactly what we should do. Or wait, is it too late to add them to next years non conference schedule, then play them for a 3rd straight year in a bowl?

It would have been nice to play somebody other than Georgia.

Yea, thats exactly what we should do. Or wait, is it too late to add them to next years non conference schedule, then play them for a 3rd straight year in a bowl?

If only there was something the team could have done to prevent such a scenario......

I looked at all the bowl games, and there are very few match ups that excite me.

It's a very lack luster line up to say the least. Oregon Texas is the only matchup that somewhat peaks my interest after the first look at the games. Would have enjoyed an Oregon Ohio st matchup as opposed to Clemson gettin in after doing jack all year.

If only there was something the team could have done to prevent such a scenario......

yea-k.gif

We are in agreement. I just think LSU would present too high of a hill to climb for this team at this time. But I still would've preferred LSU to some nobody that some people might view as an easier or must win opponent. I don't think there are any bowl eligible teams we can rationally think would be sure victories.

I think LSU would be a high hill to climb as well. While their defense has been gawd awful this year, I don't think we have the offensive capabilities, or the right OC, to take advantage of that. Their offense, even without Mettenburg is pretty good, and they have arguably the best WR's in the nation, while a helluva RB in Jeremy Hill. It would definitely be a huge test to see if our defense has truly improved.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan 31m

Michigan fans don't want to go to Tempe, Kansas State fans don't want to play Michigan and nobody wants a UGA vs. Neb. rematch.

Exactly, flip Nebraska and Michigan and you have two matchups that people want. It was so easy that they were bound to get it wrong.

I totally disagree here. Nebraska gets nothing with a rematch of K-state whose had an even worse year. I'd rather take on the SEC again even if it is a rematch.

It is pretty apparent there is hardly an enthusiasm for this matchup. Nebraska could of gotten a nostalgic Big 12/Big 8 matchup in a location that we haven't visited in a decade. Instead we get our 3rd Florida bowl in a row against a team we played a in a bowl last season. This will probably be our lowest bowl attendance in a long time, which is a shame.

I am pulling for NU to win this one because I can't wait to see how pissed the haters are going to be.

(This is the point where the haters all profess how much they love DONU and are glad they won, but it can never be better under Pelini.)

I'm kind of ambilvalent about Pelini at this point, but it will warm my heart in the coming cold months to know how pissed off the haters are going to be for another year.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan 31m

Michigan fans don't want to go to Tempe, Kansas State fans don't want to play Michigan and nobody wants a UGA vs. Neb. rematch.

Exactly, flip Nebraska and Michigan and you have two matchups that people want. It was so easy that they were bound to get it wrong.

I totally disagree here. Nebraska gets nothing with a rematch of K-state whose had an even worse year. I'd rather take on the SEC again even if it is a rematch.

It is pretty apparent there is hardly an enthusiasm for this matchup. Nebraska could of gotten a nostalgic Big 12/Big 8 matchup in a location that we haven't visited in a decade. Instead we get our 3rd Florida bowl in a row against a team we played a in a bowl last season. This will probably be our lowest bowl attendance in a long time, which is a shame.

I could see the nostalgia playing Oklahoma, Okie State, or Texas, but K-state had an even worse year than us. This rematch with Georgia is far better than replaying Washington after beating them in the regular season.

So we beat K-state....who gives a crap. There's not much upside opportunity in playing K-state, and actually more downside challenges given it would be game we would be expected to win.