RB Kendall Bussey Jr [Texas A&M - Signed LOI]

“Right now, it’s all about Nebraska,” Bussey Sr. said just after he explained why his son has continued to look at and listen to other schools.

When he was in high school in the fall of 1990, the elder Bussey was set to attend LSU — until coach Mike Archer was fired.
“I had all my eggs in one basket; the next thing you know, I had a month and a half to find a school,” he said. He picked Colorado largely because a close, New Orleans-area friend you may have heard of — quarterback Kordell Stewart — was also heading to Boulder.
But that decision figures, to some extent, into Nebraska’s ability to attract the younger Bussey. Nebraska wide receivers coach Rich Fisher played at CU with Bussey Sr. It was Fisher who spearheaded the recruiting effort of the younger Bussey last winter, and it’s Fisher whom Bussey Sr. talks most to now.
Nebraska’s second advantage? Its offense. Offensive coordinator Tim Beck has built an offense with the backs as a centerpiece.
“Nebraska seems to put that running back in a special position,” Bussey Sr. said. “Nebraska’s offense separates — from any other team we’ve looked at — for his skill set.”
The younger Bussey wants to win immediate playing time, and dad rattles off NU’s depth chart — minus the graduating Abdullah — with depth and analysis. The Busseys have studied this. And the son will have a good chance — not kidding — to play immediately if he ends up signing with Nebraska. Bussey shows the kind of open-field, quick cutting skills that suits the “spread” part of Beck’s attack, and he has enough bulk to bang around between the tackles. He’d likely be the best receiver of any of the returning backs right out of the chute.

OWH

• Fire 4