QB Joe Burrow [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

I'll make a bold prediction right here, right now.

Joe Burrow never takes a snap at Ohio State. While it's not too far fetched to believe he could've started for 4 years at Nebraska starting in 2016.

I've tried to help you out with advice. Try not to get so B-H over these kids decisions. Just let it go and move on. You will last a lot longer as a fan of recruiting if you do, otherwise you will get burnt out quick. I was the same way when I first started following it. It's not worth it. Especially on kids who never pissed on Nebraska. It was nobody's fault but our old staffs when it comes down to it.

I agree the old staff blew it, but I also find it interesting that he has another high-rated QB in his same class that he chose to be a part of. If he's truly better, he will be out Gibson.

Most kids are going to think that they are the "better player" no matter what the situation. Some kids don't mind having another QB in the class to compete against, while others are turned off by it and get mad when the school still recruits QB's after you give their commitment.

I think it's silly for anyone to be angry at Burrow. He does have Nebraska ties, but he has lived in Ohio the past few years. Also, the old staff blew it and didn't offer him until it was too late.

Oh, I'm not angry with him, and he seems to be a good kid. I'm disappointed in our prior staff, but I know that's been said many times.

Joe Burrow never takes a snap at Ohio State. While it's not too far fetched to believe he could've started for 4 years at Nebraska starting in 2016.

I've tried to help you out with advice. Try not to get so B-H over these kids decisions. Just let it go and move on. You will last a lot longer as a fan of recruiting if you do, otherwise you will get burnt out quick. I was the same way when I first started following it. It's not worth it. Especially on kids who never pissed on Nebraska. It was nobody's fault but our old staffs when it comes down to it.

I agree the old staff blew it, but I also find it interesting that he has another high-rated QB in his same class that he chose to be a part of. If he's truly better, he will be out Gibson.

Most kids are going to think that they are the "better player" no matter what the situation. Some kids don't mind having another QB in the class to compete against, while others are turned off by it and get mad when the school still recruits QB's after you give their commitment.

I think it's silly for anyone to be angry at Burrow. He does have Nebraska ties, but he has lived in Ohio the past few years. Also, the old staff blew it and didn't offer him until it was too late.

Oh, I'm not angry with him, and he seems to be a good kid. I'm disappointed in our prior staff, but I know that's been said many times.

Didn't mean to imply that "you" were angry at him. My comment had to do with some NU fans, in general.

There's also rumors that Gibson may not play QB. He might get a "promised look" at QB, but chances are he doesn't end up there.

Who's beck talking about that we had early?

"At the University of Nebraska, we had a quarterback commit early and it took us out of the race for a 2015 quarterback, he said. So, we kind of backed off.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Beck-On-Clearing-The-Air-With-Burrow-35399173

Kevin dillman

So we got jobbed out of Burrow because we had Dillman, and we didn't end up with Dillman. LINK WTF?? I guess no QB in this class. :hmmph

HUH?

This was actually my first day of following recruiting, so thanks! :)

I'm not "B-H" over his decision. I'm putting pen to paper on a prediction for how his career at OSU goes.

"At the University of Nebraska, we had a quarterback commit early and it took us out of the race for a 2015 quarterback, he said. So, we kind of backed off.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Beck-On-Clearing-The-Air-With-Burrow-35399173

Kevin dillman

So we got jobbed out of Burrow because we had Dillman, and we didn't end up with Dillman. LINK WTF?? I guess no QB in this class. :hmmph

Hah, pretty sure Beck's story is bogus. From reading other threads, Bo and company had already ignored Burrow several times before they had Dillman on board.

Good god, Beck. Your 2015 QB recruit was a guy who had hardly played HS football. And was not going to be eligible for his senior year. And ended up projecting as a TE.

• Fire 2

Kevin dillman

Hah, pretty sure Beck's story is bogus. From reading other threads, Bo and company had already ignored Burrow several times before they had Dillman on board.

Yeah, the whole Burrow-Beck-Bo thing was a total clusterf#*k. We ended up with the short end of the stick. And tOSU comes out smelling like a rose. Oh well. I hope Burrow has a great career there. Except when he plays us.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/115346/ohio-state-adds-to-embarrassment-of-qb-riches

“I love Joey Burrow,” Meyer said. “He was a guy, I don’t want to say we rejected him ... but [former offensive coordinator] Tom Herman went down there, and I don’t know if he was highly rated or not, but I just remember he sent me a video where he was screaming into the phone as he was watching this kid throw. He goes, ‘I found your next Alex Smith.’ He’s a competitor; he wins at football, he wins at basketball and he’s a coach’s son, so we’re real impressed with him.

It sounds like tOSU initially overlooked him and then actually took the time to watch him play.

Something about this story just strikes me as odd; I just think the story is exaggerated a little. If he was slighted by Beck as much as rumored, I can't imagine he would have still signed with tOSU, especially with 4* Gibson in the same class. In my opinion, it is an easier way for him to turn Nebraska down and go to his home state school that has a better program currently.

Something about this story just strikes me as odd; I just think the story is exaggerated a little. If he was slighted by Beck as much as rumored, I can't imagine he would have still signed with tOSU, especially with 4* Gibson in the same class. In my opinion, it is an easier way for him to turn Nebraska down and go to his home state school that has a better program currently.

Urb.