S Hunter Dale [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Maybe I am in the minority but I think this needs to be said.

This kid lives in a big city with lots of schools that have football and baseball programs. Why are parents allowing a coach to have this much control of their child's decision?

If I am ever fortunate to have one of my boys get recruited like this kid is, if he likes a place he can commit. If the coach doesn't like it, my kid can go play elsewhere. His talents and abilities will follow.

The power and arrogance of the coach is maddening.

• Fire 2

This kid lives in a big city with lots of schools that have football and baseball programs. Why are parents allowing a coach to have this much control of their child's decision?

If I am ever fortunate to have one of my boys get recruited like this kid is, if he likes a place he can commit. If the coach doesn't like it, my kid can go play elsewhere. His talents and abilities will follow.

I think you have a very big misconception of what this coach is doing. If I'm blessed to have a kid with Hunters talent, I'd be making sure he was coached by a guy like this coach. A guy who understands that life is a LOT more than football and is going to teach his kids life lessons, not just football. The coach has said that kids in his program will understand and live by commitment. When you commit to something, you do it. School, life, anything. If you don't, you learn the hard way - you don't play for him. I think that just oozes class act, in my opinion. Teach these kids what it means to be a good man, not just a good football player.

Regardless, rumor on the street is he has met with his coach and will be committing tomorrow.

• Fire 1

I think you have a very big misconception of what this coach is doing. If I'm blessed to have a kid with Hunters talent, I'd be making sure he was coached by a guy like this coach. A guy who understands that life is a LOT more than football and is going to teach his kids life lessons, not just football. The coach has said that kids in his program will understand and live by commitment. When you commit to something, you do it. School, life, anything. If you don't, you learn the hard way - you don't play for him. I think that just oozes class act, in my opinion. Teach these kids what it means to be a good man, not just a good football player.

Regardless, rumor on the street is he has met with his coach and will be committing tomorrow.

This.

What his coach is doing is keeping his kids from jumping the gun and putting college coaching staffs in limbo with a wishy washy athlete. And as the above mentions he is stressing to his players the meaning of honor and commitment. With as much as peoplebitch about kids bouncing around committing after every visit they take, you'd think more would welcome and respect the hell out of this coach and his morals.

I love this

• Fire 1

I didn't want to say anything when we were recruiting him, but know it appears were out, I'll comment. I don't understand why he his so highly ranked and has such good offers. From my review of the film, the best he has is his ball hawk skills and knowledge of defenses.

I didn't want to say anything when we were recruiting him, but know it appears were out, I'll comment. I don't understand why he his so highly ranked and has such good offers. From my review of the film, the best he has is his ball hawk skills and knowledge of defenses.

Are you serious? What are the two things most of our defense has lacked in recent seasons? I think those are EXACTLY what we want as attributes.

Are you serious? What are the two things most of our defense has lacked in recent seasons? I think those are EXACTLY what we want as attributes.

Yeah. His film shows solid safety play. Of course, recent events in his commitment can be frustrating for the fanbase, but it seems like some of his actions are politically-driven and a bit out of his hands. Further, we have quotes from his HS assistant football coach which at surface level make it sound like that staff is all about developing character in their players. We are definitely not hurting for quality DB in this class, so let's watch things play out. If we don't land Hunter, best of luck, and I would rely on Coach Warren to find a talented alternative.