***2016 Recruiting***

I saw last night on Rivals recruiting rankings we have dropped dramatically. Oddly, we've dropped after these two big wins where it seems this team is turning around for the better. Anyone know why on Rivals ranking we went from like the 30's to the 50's?

Just a guess but perhaps Rivals is dropping us because we have not added recruits whereas many other programs have been picking up commits lately. I think our class is actually better with the RB switch to Bryant out of St Louis. He is much better than the TX kid. IMO. Light years better! Bigger, stronger and faster.

Like the post below you, I saw we lost a JUCO in Johnson, but can't imagine that kid was worth 14 recruiting spots.

Hope we get some big time commits to finish off the year. Seriously if we can get a mid 20's class (Like we have been putting together the last 7 years) then that would be great considering the season, and also our 2017 class looks very strong.

Wow. Didn't realize it's been since August that I updated this. Time flies. Someone can let me know if I've missed someone.

We got another WR but the priority list looks exactly like it did three months ago.

Priority:

DT - Not much that is known.

DE - Unfortunately the same as DT.

OT - We're in really good shape at OG but are in dire need of tackles.

WR - Two small burners. Need at least one big yet.

-----------------------------------------

My guess at the number for each position. Commits are capitalized in red - others are targets.

QB - 1 - PATRICK O'BRIEN

RB - 1-2 - TRE BRYANT, Kingston Davis

WR - 3-4 - JD SPIELMAN, DERRION GRIM, Roddrick Bryant, CJ Riley, Clyde Leflore-Chriss, Diondre Overton, Stephen Sullivan, Freddie Pinder

TE - 2 - JACK STOLL, Shaun Beyer

OT - 2-3 - Matt Farniok, Tremayne Anchrum, Alaric Jackson

OG/C - 2-3 - BRYAN BROKOP, JOHN RARIDON, BOE WILSON

DT - 2-3 -

DE - 2-3 - BEN STILLE, Mykelle McDaniel, Jordan Bonner (JUCO), Terrell Lucas

LB - 4-5 - QUAYSHON ALEXANDER, GREG SIMMONS, JoJo DOMANN, Isaiah Simmons, David Reese

CB - 2-3 - DICAPRIO BOOTLE, Maurice Chandler (JUCO), Lamar Jackson

S - 2-3 - MARQUEL DISMUKE, Eric Burrell, Nehemiah Augustus, Brandon Drayton, Markell Simmons (JUCO)

Current commits who probably won't sign - APHONSO THOMAS, WILLIAM JOHNSON (JUCO)

What about Fitzpatrick at WR?
  • Fire 1

I saw last night on Rivals recruiting rankings we have dropped dramatically. Oddly, we've dropped after these two big wins where it seems this team is turning around for the better. Anyone know why on Rivals ranking we went from like the 30's to the 50's?

Just a guess but perhaps Rivals is dropping us because we have not added recruits whereas many other programs have been picking up commits lately. I think our class is actually better with the RB switch to Bryant out of St Louis. He is much better than the TX kid. IMO. Light years better! Bigger, stronger and faster.

Like the post below you, I saw we lost a JUCO in Johnson, but can't imagine that kid was worth 14 recruiting spots.

Hope we get some big time commits to finish off the year. Seriously if we can get a mid 20's class (Like we have been putting together the last 7 years) then that would be great considering the season, and also our 2017 class looks very strong.

It sounds like you have a misconception about how the rankings work. They aren't subjective - it's a giant mathematical equation that takes into account not only the rankings of each individual player, but also is heavily weighted to the quantity of players you have committed. For example, (this isn't exact, an example), 20 three star players would be about equivalent to a 10 man four star player class, when we all know the 10 four stars are a better class.

Losing two players did exactly what you would expect it to in the rankings - we dropped because our numbers took a hit.

• Fire 1