***2016 Recruiting***

treadwell.jpg

Yea......... That image pisses me off more than a little.

Im guessing those hundreds in the top left of the image was his signing bonus to Ole Miss, and he used those hundreds on the prostitutes nice ladies in the middle picture.

Not sure what the ring is.

Ole Miss needs the death penalty.

Exactly. We were told that with all of the resources (that he didn't have at OSU) now at his disposal, and his ability to assemble a top-notch staff since money was no longer an issue (which in the end turned put to be a total joke), that recruiting would improve. Instead, this class is no better than any of Bo's; in fact it may be worse... and yet the excuses continue, the losses mount, the complaints come, and the ugly cycle repeats itself. We had the chance to hire one of the nation's elite recruiters -- which is exactly what a school like Nebraska, which is geographically disadvantaged and isn't in a hotbed of talent, needs -- and we made zero effort to get him. Poor decisions like that are what sets a program back even further.

I live in the heart of SEC country. Do they give gifts of cars and money to recruits in order to lure them? Absolutely. I've seen it first-hand! What I'm saying is, if the NCAA isn't going to do anything about it then you've gotta find ways to compete. The SEC schools are going to get their talent regardless because they're smack-dab in the middle of the talent pool. But what about the non-SEC schools, including many B1G schools, that are ahead of us? I guess they're cheating as well? The only way to compete is to hire a big-name coach who these 4 and 5-star kids want to play for. That's what Bama did, that's what Ohio State did, that's what Michigan did. If we want to act like we're on the same level as them then that's what we're going to have to do. Sorry but elite kids just aren't going to flock to Lincoln to play for Mike Riley.

I live in the heart of SEC country. Do they give gifts of cars and money to recruits in order to lure them? Absolutely. I've seen it first-hand! What I'm saying is, if the NCAA isn't going to do anything about it then you've gotta find ways to compete. The SEC schools are going to get their talent regardless because they're smack-dab in the middle of the talent pool. But what about the non-SEC schools, including many B1G schools, that are ahead of us? I guess they're cheating as well? The only way to compete is to hire a big-name coach who these 4 and 5-star kids want to play for. That's what Bama did, that's what Ohio State did, that's what Michigan did. If we want to act like we're on the same level as them then that's what we're going to have to do. Sorry but elite kids just aren't going to flock to Lincoln to play for Mike Riley.

Did I miss signing day? Did we sign an awful class? No? It has yet to happen you say? Ohhhhhhh, cause GOAT here makes it sound like these classes have been awful and he is a much better judge of talent than the coach even though we havent seen a full Mike Riley at Nebraska cycle yet.

Forgive me, aren't we also laying some serious ground work to pull in one of the best classes next year? And how do you know that the talent he has committed wont be elite? Oh, right. You live in SEC country so you are the expert, got it.

I'm done. You're right. Let's see how it ends. I stand by my original statement that we finish closer to 40 than 15 and I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. Too bad these other hypocrites don't have the guys to do the same.

I see why 1995Redux gets in so many arguments -- in his mind his opinion is the only one worth listening to, and he has no respect for the opinions of others. Living in SEC country has absolutely zero to do with judging a recruiting class. Like I said earlier, I knew it was just a matter of time before you played the SEC card. I leave the recruiting rankings up to the experts, and our class is currently ranked in the 30s/40s for a reason.