Kickoff Time Announcement Thread - Primetime Games: Miami, MSU, *FSU*

Sure seemed to affect UCLA a lot playing at 9 AM Los Angeles time :rolleyes:

Considering that UCLA had practices that early for fall camp, of course it didn't. I don't think Nebraska has practices at midnight though.

Are you honestly worried about their performance because of the time?

Yes

I'm not, whatever chance Fresno really had of winning that game will be drafted no later than the 2nd round in about 3 weeks. There is no more Carr brothers to carry Fresno St. to victory.

There defense was terrible last year. They outscored teams they beat. I just don't think they have enough to beat NU.

This isn't like going to play UCLA that you knew had talent that was underperforming, this is Fresno St. a decent mid major that has a solid program.

I don't think NU will take them lightly.

I should clarify. I still think NU will win, but it will be a tough game. My concern is the effect on the early season. Not only will it be physically taxing (due to Fresno State's style and the time it occurs), the prep work for Miami will be hindered. In my opinion, it not just how good a team is. The scheduling of games effects the win/loss just as much as a player. A string of tough games can make a season much more difficult. Most teams who end up doing well have a favorable schedule (and favorable, to me, means more then who you play, but also the timing of those key games).

the prep work for Miami will be hindered.

How?

I don't see this either. Yeah, the team won't get back to Lincoln until Sunday morning. But depending on how the coaches schedule practice this fall, the team won't be missing any practice or film study time.

It's not like the coaches are going directly into film study after a game with a normal kickoff. They are chatting with recruits, meeting with the media, relaxing with their families, and so on. The coaches really don't get to work on prep for the next game until Sunday, which they still can do after a late game in Fresno.

Cities Where Americans Don’t Feel Safe

Posted by 247alex

10. Fresno, Calif.

> Pct. feel safe at night: 57.2%

> Pct. without money for shelter: 14.1% (11th highest)

> Violent crime rate: 539.8 per 100,000 residents (58th highest)

> Poverty rate: 28.4% (5th highest)

> Population: 951,648 (74th highest)

Fresno had among the highest property crime rates in the nation in 2012, with 4,424 crimes per 100,000 residents. That year, there were nearly 730 motor vehicle thefts per 100,000 people in the area, the most out of all but three other metro areas in the United States

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/04/18/cities-where-americans-dont-feel-safe/2/

Cities Where Americans Don’t Feel Safe

Posted by 247alex

10. Fresno, Calif.

> Pct. feel safe at night: 57.2%

> Pct. without money for shelter: 14.1% (11th highest)

> Violent crime rate: 539.8 per 100,000 residents (58th highest)

> Poverty rate: 28.4% (5th highest)

> Population: 951,648 (74th highest)

Fresno had among the highest property crime rates in the nation in 2012, with 4,424 crimes per 100,000 residents. That year, there were nearly 730 motor vehicle thefts per 100,000 people in the area, the most out of all but three other metro areas in the United States

http://247wallst.com...nt-feel-safe/2/

I was honestly thinking about making the trip, but then I realized Fresno is basically awful.

the prep work for Miami will be hindered.

How?

I don't see this either. Yeah, the team won't get back to Lincoln until Sunday morning. But depending on how the coaches schedule practice this fall, the team won't be missing any practice or film study time.

It's not like the coaches are going directly into film study after a game with a normal kickoff. They are chatting with recruits, meeting with the media, relaxing with their families, and so on. The coaches really don't get to work on prep for the next game until Sunday, which they still can do after a late game in Fresno.

Didn't Bo change the game week practice schedule last year so that the team practiced on Sundays and had Monday basically off except for film study? I think they liked getting the physical rest right before the 2 most physical practices of the week on Tuesday and Wednesday. That schedule would be an issue with this kick off time as I am sure a Sunday practice would be lack luster after getting in early in the am.

Saturday, Sept. 27

9 ET – Illinois at Nebraska. It will be fun to watch what figures to be a standout Nebraska defense clash with an Illinois offense that could be one of the best in the Big Ten. These teams have met just once since the Cornhuskers joined the Big Ten, as Nebraska took a 39-19 win in Lincoln last season. The teams will meet again in Lincoln in a series Nebraska leads, 8-2-1. The Fighting Illini’s last victory came in Lincoln in 1924, 9-6

Saturday, Oct. 18

7:30 ET – Nebraska at Northwestern. This Big Ten West clash looks like the best matchup among the six BTN prime-time tilts. This quickly has become one of the Big Ten’s most underrated rivalries, as the last three meetings have been iconic. The unranked Wildcats stunned the No. 10 Cornhuskers, 28-25, in Lincoln in 2011 with backup quarterback Kain Colter leading a second-half charge after Dan Persa (shoulder) got hurt. Nebraska needed a furious rally to overcome a 12-point fourth quarter deficit to win at Northwestern, 29-28, in 2012 after as last-ditch 53-yard field goal by the Wildcats missed. Last season, the Huskers needed a miraculous 49-yard Hail Mary pass from Ron Kellogg III to Jordan Westerkamp as time expired to take a heart-stopping 27-24 triumph.

Across all networks, Ohio State and Nebraska lead the way with four prime-time games.

OSU will play three in Columbus: Virginia Tech on Sept. 6 (ESPN/ABC); Cincinnati on Sept. 27; Illinois on Nov. 1 (ESPN/ABC). The Buckeyes also will play at night at Penn State on Oct. 25 (ESPN/ABC). That’s three ESPN/ABC telecasts; one BTN.

Nebraska will have two on ESPN/ABC and two on BTN. In addition to the BTN telecasts, the Huskers will play host to Miami (Fla.) on Sept. 20 and go to Michigan State on Oct. 4 on ESPN/ABC.

Penn State will have three prime-time games, going to Michigan on Oct. 11 and welcoming Ohio State on Oct. 25 on ESPN/ABC in addition to its one BTN appearance at Rutgers.

Michigan, Michigan State and Illinois all will have two total prime-time games.

The Big Ten schools with no prime-time games are Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin.

Link