Stop the nonsense. You're hurting recruiting.

I am disappointed on how we played yesterday ~ No doubt.

Ready to throw in the towel and started head hunting after 2 games? NO

Do I think this warrants concern? YES

Do I think Bo and his staff have the ability to get this corrected? I have some doubt but I will reserve judgement for another day TBD.

Sometimes the best response to situation is the one of silence, I am sure each of you have had personal situations where this was true.

Carry on ~

• Fire 1

It actually hasn't been a quick transition. Not at all. Might seem sudden after all the love last week but, if you haven't seen it coming for years, you haven't really been paying attention. Every one of these performances tips a few more off the fence. I'm surprised this situation surprises anyone.

There are a lot more people jumping off the wagon this season. I was done with this regime 2 years ago, every season I kept hoping they would show me something that would change my view. I am sure many husker fans feel the same.
Last year I picked up a job that has me working on Saturdays. I was pretty disappointed that I'd have to work through games, but every game day was incredibly slow (except pre-game, post-game, and half-time), so I could pay attention to the game on the radio or TV. As the season went on, I was kind of glad... I'd rather be making some money at a fun job than watching most of those performances. This year, though, it's been busy on both game days. Steady business and a lot of wrenches to turn. I can't say whether or not it's indicative of any actual trend, but people just generally seem more apathetic about Nebraska football. They couldn't sell student tickets, hardly anyone asked how the game was going, and those who did just laughed when I told them it was tied.

Jesus. Just because your job is a kittle busier doesnt mean people dont care.

It's more than just a kittle, it's quite a kot, actually. You may also notice that I addressed your response already: " I can't say whether or not it's indicative of any actual trend[.]"

Why don't go read Alabama board after the auburn loss. And see what was said, this is pale in comparison of what was said that week. And yet bama with another top 5 class.

To be honest, though, SEC recruits can't hear or see the bitching and moaning on account of all the dirty booster money being shoved in their face.

Every program that takes football seriously takes issue with the coaches when things are not going well, nothing unique. If anything we tend to have less venom to the players than many places. And even most of the fire aimed at coaches is not personal attacks, but tends to be critiques of job performance. That is not the case everywhere. And regardless of what shows up on a message board, our fans do actually tend to be polite in person, again, not the case many places.

Sure recruits might read the boards. However if we are a deciding factor in determining if a kid comes to our school we don't have a staff that knows how to sell a kid. EVERY program has message boards and EVERY team deals with different fans having different opinions. We aren't the only ones.

Yeah, pretty much this. Sorry.

How does Penn State end up with a top 10 class after all of the negativity surrounding that program? 30000000x more "negativity" surrounding them yet they still out recruit us?

Yes Franklin is kicking ass but you have to take into account the sanctions will not affect this class much and more importantly there is a HUGE difference in nearby talent. Pennsylvania has good talent and PSU is still the flagship there. Ohio is one of the top 5 recruiting states in the country. New Jersey and Maryland have plenty of talent and can't protect their borders worth a damn. Majority of the time we don't have one 4* in the state and we generally only take two local kids a year. The best recruiting state next to us is Missouri, they're solid but not great talent-wise and now Mizzou has being in the SEC as a selling-point. Not saying we haven't had recruiting shortcomings, we have, but being so far from the talent is a considerable disadvantage that needs to be remembered when making comparisons to other name programs.

If we have a Callahan-like collapse in mid-season, then I'd be happy to see Pelini go. However, we shouldn't threaten to fire the guy the second we have a close game. Why is that so unrealistic? Let the season play itself out. If he sucks, he's gone. If we support him and he does well, let's keep him.

Maybe because this isn't the second we have a close game. It's year 7 of the same Damn crappy product on the field. This isn't year one.

JR I agree wt you on this one

I call BS on the distance deal. You work harder, 24/7/365. Franklin is a recruiting wizard. Took Vanderbilt to two straight infamous 9 win seasons in a row. He sells the program continuously. He even calls the talk shows under his own name, not coach but James from Nashville. Now State College I guess.

We need to stop this lame ass excuse. We have the money to be a top player. We need to show on the field that they are going to get the coaching they need, that they will be in competition for CCG and NC playoff. Winning cures the problem. Looking like you know how to win would help. Blow out losses, meltdowns like Saturday do a lot of damage. Most are kids saying I want to win, they almost lost to who?

You have to have a great product to sell. Right now Nebraska is the laughing stock of the college football world, maybe second to Michigan, but if we had lost that game, #1 with a bullet.

This game set this program back, how much will depend on the rest of the season. It can be salvaged, but most are not expecting it to be. I know the talking heads, but they are the ones those 17 year olds listen to. Not the sunshine pumpers of each team.

If we have a Callahan-like collapse in mid-season, then I'd be happy to see Pelini go. However, we shouldn't threaten to fire the guy the second we have a close game. Why is that so unrealistic? Let the season play itself out. If he sucks, he's gone. If we support him and he does well, let's keep him.

Maybe because this isn't the second we have a close game. It's year 7 of the same Damn crappy product on the field. This isn't year one.

JR I agree wt you on this one

its an unfortunate trend, we continue to see, year after year....and imagine, some folks are surprised when we bump our dicks? :dunno