***** What did we learn - Rutgers Edition *****

I don't disagree with that at all.

I just can't get over that it's the fans that think they have the right of being satisfied and unsatisfied. Lol, you have no impact on the game, unless you are screaming at the stadium, even then, you still don't.

#entitled.

You go me there. I'll admit. Yes, as a fan, you should be satisfied. For instance, am I *satisfied* that we won today? Yes. Do I think we played well enough to be able to say we still have a legit shot at the Conference title, or even the division for that matter? No. Not with this sloppy erratic play. Im glad we won. Anyone who plays that narrative of not being happy yada yada can suck it. But i see things-lots of things-that are gonna cost us games yet this year. And it's things that happen EVERY SINGLE GAME. Simple little basic things. Like catching a snap, or catching a pass, or not leaving your man on a scramble to wind up for a 75 yard td.

• Fire 2

Mike'l Severe made a great point about today's game that I have been thinking about too. People want to complain about the team they root for, but we don't want to give credit to the other team.

Rutgers is a decent team. They have athletes and good players. It's not like NU is going against air out there.

This and they were one drive away from being a "one loss" team.
Even if they were one loss and the score was the same it would be we aren't that great we should destroy Rutgers every year.

For the most part NU did "destroy" Rutgers. NU was up 25, with the ball and then had a bad turnover. Then NU answered that scoring drive to go back up by 25. I am not going to get all worked up by that last Rutgers TD.

Actually, NEVER being satisfied is how you become great.

Yes, that's how teams, not fans, become great. Fans aren't part of the competition.

We blew out Rutgers, and the coach says there's a lot of stuff that needs to be worked on still. Teams have to keep grinding at it, week to week. That's what our team is going to do. What more can you really ask?

If your position is that fans should not be happy unless every game is literally perfect, you aren't living in reality. Is there stuff to nitpick, improvements you can point out, etc, after a game like this? Sure. But you're on a "Fire Beck" trip and we're gonna need you to come back down to sanity, Count ;)

• Fire 8

Yes, that's how teams, not fans, become great. Fans aren't part of the competition.

We blew out Rutgers, and the coach says there's a lot of stuff that needs to be worked on still. Teams have to keep grinding at it, week to week. That's what our team is going to do. What more can you really ask?

If your position is that fans should not be happy unless every game is literally perfect, you aren't living in reality. Is there stuff to nitpick, improvements you can point out, etc, after a game like this? Sure. But you're on a "Fire Beck" trip and we're gonna need you to come back down to sanity, Count ;)

Ive actually been on a pretty good "Beck can take a hike" trip for the better part of a month now. Today wadnt any better. When he's good, he's great, but that's only abotu half the time.

I don't disagree with that at all.

I just can't get over that it's the fans that think they have the right of being satisfied and unsatisfied. Lol, you have no impact on the game, unless you are screaming at the stadium, even then, you still don't.

#entitled.

You go me there. I'll admit. Yes, as a fan, you should be satisfied. For instance, am I *satisfied* that we won today? Yes. Do I think we played well enough to be able to say we still have a legit shot at the Conference title, or even the division for that matter? No. Not with this sloppy erratic play. Im glad we won. Anyone who plays that narrative of not being happy yada yada can suck it. But i see things-lots of things-that are gonna cost us games yet this year. And it's things that happen EVERY SINGLE GAME. Simple little basic things. Like catching a snap, or catching a pass, or not leaving your man on a scramble to wind up for a 75 yard td.

Understandable Count, but if I had a dollar for every time my guys made a mistake on friday nights that I myself and the other coaches tried to fix all week in practice, I'd be a rich man over the last 5 years.

It is SOOO much easier said than done about fixing "simple" problems. Yet, if you were the one doing the coaching, you would realize that these kids are human too. Not programable robots.

Is there an issue with coaching? Probably, but I would say that even Alabama's staff isn't perfect. That's the best part of football, there is always room to improve. Let's extend a little grace and allow them to. Instead of ripping them week after week.

Our one loss was to a top 10 team in their house, and we almost came back to win it. OSU lost at home to Virginia Tech.

Even playing like we did today you can't say we can't beat them.

A win is a win. Let's hope they build on what worked and fix what didn't. But saying we have no chance against Iowa, Wisconsin, Minny, and either OSU/MSU is just sad. I feel bad for you guys.

• Fire 3

I learned that I still don't understand why Coach Beck goes to the pass when we are successfully running the ball??? I had reservations about this game because these are the types of games that we inadequately prepare for and it ends up being a 'win-by-the-skin-of-our-teeth' or we lose. I'm glad we won! We did some really nice things (Fear Ameer!! Nice job by Gerry, Randy is a beast!) and I would love to see us clean up the messy parts and improve in the consistency department.

Our one loss was to a top 10 team in their house, and we almost came back to win it. OSU lost at home to Virginia Tech.

Even playing like we did today you can't say we can't beat them.

A win is a win. Let's hope they build on what worked and fix what didn't. But saying we have no chance against Iowa, Wisconsin, Minny, and either OSU/MSU is just sad. I feel bad for you guys.

This ^
  • Fire 1

I agree with you with almost everything they you've said here and on your previous post. However, I don't think I've seen many people call for Beck's head after today's game as he called a decent game. With that said, has Beck been known in the past to try to do too much? Yes. As you have stated, I don't think at this point you can fire Beck at this point. Nevertheless, would I be sad to see Beck take a different job as a HC? No. He is one of the highest paid OC, and I think some of that money can be used elsewhere (i.e. maybe for a full-time QB coach). In total, I agree with your analysis though that we should not be complaining after a near 3 td victory where we dominated the game

I support the Huskers, was I happy with what I saw on the field? No, not at all, but we won, that helps us get closer and closer to Indy and that's what I'm looking for. Win the B1G, you can't say we won't win this game or that game without having even played the game, period. We could definitely beat any team we play on any given day or we could definitely lose to them. I want the penalties, turnovers, and lack of killer instinct to be cleaned up, that's all. We can win the B1G, have some faith! Good win today Huskers!

I learned AA is still a beast and when he gets space and gets going, we won't lose when he does this. I learned Tommy still makes some mistakes, but you live and die by him and for the most part he does okay, just has a few things to work on, staring down receivers is one of them. I learned teams are simply afraid of Randy, hell they're triple teaming him now!