Abdullah and the knee

As was mentioned above, pretty sure JT Barrett had the same MCL injury whether or not it was severe. I think he will be ready saturday. If he isn't I'd rather he not, but I believe he will because he is a competitor. I think our defense will come up big for us too. Gordon will get his yards but I believe we take advantage of their not so good passing attack and that'll make the difference.

As was mentioned above, pretty sure JT Barrett had the same MCL injury whether or not it was severe. I think he will be ready saturday. If he isn't I'd rather he not, but I believe he will because he is a competitor. I think our defense will come up big for us too. Gordon will get his yards but I believe we take advantage of their not so good passing attack and that'll make the difference.

Regardless if AA is in there, I really think the key to our game is how well Armstrong plays. In the loss to MSU, Armstrong came out too hyped up, then just started playing horribly until the 4th quarter when he finally seemed to relax. Our D has been consistent all year, and while they will give up some scores, the offense needs to have a better than average game, and that starts with TA managing the game well and picking his moments to make big plays.

beck just seems stuck in neutral.........

Stuck in neutral....with the #9 rushing offense in the country?

Averaging 6 yards a carry

Is beck running for those yards that make us the #9 rushing offense in the country? A lot of it is the fact that we have a running back who is just that good...I think I could call an offense with AA and have them ranked #9 nationally in rushing.

Hey guys. We found our new OC, some random guy on the Internet that says we should always give the ball to one player. It's amazing. Defenses will never know what's coming.

• Fire 2

Look--bottom line is, if we had an OC that showed that he can adapt and adjust to what happens, we wouldn't be in a tizzy about AA's knee and have a thread dedicated to it.

We instead have an OC that is content to bang square pegs into round holes ad nauseam. If Beck had used Newby for finesse running and Imani Cross as the bruiser he is in the Purdue game (perhaps out of the diamond to get them both on the field to not tip our hand), then I don't think we'd be as stressed about AA's status as we collectively are.

Now, maybe this is the game where Beck finally evolves and realizes he's been his own worst enemy, and Beck finally blossoms into the OC we've hoped he would become--I'd sincerely love for that to happen. Or better yet, AA's knee is 100%, and he racks up great stats en route to a memorable win against Wisky.

Problem is, I'm not optimistic on either happening, and that's what's maddening about this game this week.

That's about as honest as Bo has ever been ref an injury. Who knows. It would be nice that he's using this to make Wisky game plan for 3 different backs.....Sadly, after 6 years of Bo and Co, I have yet to see Bo or this staff really do anything strategically early in the season to set up something later on. From the "vanilla" play on D (thought we were holding back) or the vanilla on O (ready to unleash the red storm and still waiting) etc.......

I think its Bo being honest. I'll be shocked if AA has secretly been going full speed the past few days and is ready to unleash the beast. Would love it, but doubtful....

That's about as honest as Bo has ever been ref an injury. Who knows. It would be nice that he's using this to make Wisky game plan for 3 different backs.....Sadly, after 6 years of Bo and Co, I have yet to see Bo or this staff really do anything strategically early in the season to set up something later on. From the "vanilla" play on D (thought we were holding back) or the vanilla on O (ready to unleash the red storm and still waiting) etc.......

I think its Bo being honest. I'll be shocked if AA has secretly been going full speed the past few days and is ready to unleash the beast. Would love it, but doubtful....

Then you haven't paid attention.

• Fire 2

IMHO Ameer should have been on the sideline watching Cross pound it up the middle for four downs in a row instead of being in the middle of it getting hurt. The dude's a tank (Cross) - I think we need to put him in there every time we need 1-2 yards. Line up, show what we're doing, hell just tell them what we're doing, and do it. Good ole Husker smash mouth football. No reason to have Ameer in there in those scenarios.

Ameer is an extremely powerful running back despite his size. I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping him in on short yardage situations, though, I do agree that from a size/power standpoint Cross is probably the better option. But, we've also all seen Cross get stuffed at the line just like any other running back. Size/power only get you so far. There's plenty of reason to have Ameer playing in those scenarios... he's one of the three best running backs in the nation.

I would like to echo some other thoughts though, especially about Newby/Cross. Cross' strength is definitely getting up the field. He doesn't have the best sideline to sideline speed and doesn't make that quick cut like Ameer can. Newby on the other hand lacks the size/power of Cross, but has better sideline to sideline speed and can make a quicker cut. I know Beck doesn't want to make it obvious that every time Cross is in it's a run between the tackles, and every time Newby is in he's probably going outside. But, I think he could definitely find a better balance with these two guys. I felt, especially with Cross against Purdue, there were a few too many times he was being utilized poorly.

I get the exact opposite feeling.

This is regarding the tangent we got off on in some other thread about this staff's heavy reliance on game film. I wonder if at times Beck is calling certain things he does in order to put more looks on tape for the next opponent to prepare for.