Coach?

hskerprid

Beca

Why not try for Tressel or even Gruden? We have the cash in the coffers....just spitballin here. But I think the Pelini era is done.

use neither of those guys is going to come here

I don't like the idea, but Tressel really wants to coach again in the B1G and was Shawn's #1 pick this time last year to replace Bo.

At this point I say if he's interested go get him. Gotta think he's far enough away from his term at OSU that he would mind coming back to the B1G.

T_O_B

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to think we would've been better off keeping Clownahan back in '07. I mean look at what happened in '09? Probably our best season in the last ten years. Those were Callahan's guys. It's clear to me now that Pelini's staff sure as hell wasn't the one getting those players to fulfill their potential. If we had given it more time, that Clownahan offfense would have been perfectly suited for today's style of play in the Big 12 (which is what he was building for at that time obviously). The defense was atrocious, but most of the defenses in the Big 12 are sieves now-adays. Maybe Clownahan was just ahead of the curve?

Oh God, what is happening? Am I crazy? I've got to be crazy. Someone help

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to think we would've been better off keeping Clownahan back in '07. I mean look at what happened in '09? Probably our best season in the last ten years. Those were Callahan's guys. It's clear to me now that Pelini's staff sure as hell wasn't the one getting those players to fulfill their potential. If we had given it more time, that Clownahan offfense would have been perfectly suited for today's style of play in the Big 12 (which is what he was building for at that time obviously). The defense was atrocious, but most of the defenses in the Big 12 are sieves now-adays. Maybe Clownahan was just ahead of the curve?

Oh God, what is happening? Am I crazy? I've got to be crazy. Someone help

No way, we would be 6-6. Bo's problem is hiring friends, guys that should not be coordinators.

I remember big time rumors after Iowa last season that one scenario would bring Moglia in as HC with a tiny salary (since he's insanely rich and we could then spend way more on assistants), and Frost as OC and head coach in training. Moglia is a true genius at the organization/CEO aspect of running a huge company, and hopefully with the right assistants the coaching aspect would be taken care of as well. In theory, Moglia gets the ship running in the right direction and hands it over to Frost after 3 years of being groomed for the job. Sounds crazy, but who knows maybe it would be crazy enough to work haha.

Edit: Tressel/Frost in a similar situation was rumored too. I'd be cool with that too at this point.

• Fire 1

Dan Mullen is options 1, 2, and 3 for me.

Before someone asks - why would he leave? Very easy ..

SEC West or Big 10 West. You compete against Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, aTm and LSU yearly. Or you come here and compete against Wisconsin, and maybe Iowa when they have a decent season every once in a while. Mullen could easily live in the CCG each and every season.

Young, hungry coach who tirelessly recruits, and embraces the fan base. Would be a 180 from what we have right now.

I like that idea too. Bring the cowbell with ya too while your at it Coach Mullen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Mullen

I would be very interested in him too. Oklahoma is also rumored to be wanting to go in a different direction as they think that their program is stagnet. Or have we already been burned by enough "Ohio" guys? I am just throwing names out there and not saying anything is going to happen.

Ummm....I would like Nebraska to go in the "Bob Stoops" direction if this happens.

Get a coach than can manage the bigger picture and RECRUIT. Doesn't need to be a genius X's and O's guy.

Bob Davie as DC.

Scott Frost as OC.

Recruit a quarterback. A real quarterback. Not a safety/cornerback/running back who we think we can maybe turn into a passer.

Will Muschamp(sp) should be available and would be a better choice for DC IMO. Bob probably will still be employed as a HC.

Not sure Frost is willing to make a lateral move, even if it's DONU.

Get a coach than can manage the bigger picture and RECRUIT. Doesn't need to be a genius X's and O's guy.

Bob Davie as DC.

Scott Frost as OC.

Recruit a quarterback. A real quarterback. Not a safety/cornerback/running back who we think we can maybe turn into a passer.

Will Muschamp(sp) should be available and would be a better choice for DC IMO. Bob probably will still be employed as a HC.

He isn't

Bob Davie as DC.

Scott Frost as OC.

He isn't

Do you guys think Muschamp would be interested in a DC position here? I imagine if he doesn't get another HC position (at a lower tier school obviously) he would get plenty of interest as a DC at some SEC school right?