Regular Season is Over - Vote on Pelini's Fate

Landlord

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the schedule has just gotten easier.

That could be argued both ways. Perception of the B1G is not good nationally, but I think our eyes ought to all be open to how physical this league is week after week. Offenses aren't as explosive and spread out as the Big XII, but there are typically 3-5 defenses that are among the top 15-20 nationally, and it has taken an adjustment in recruiting to match that physicality. We just need to develop OL and QB talent that we have already on the roster MUCH better than we do currently. That's priority #1 IMO.

No major NCAA violations.

Behaving how you are supposed to is not an accomplishment - it's expected. Even so, plenty of coaches can claim this.

High graduation rates and GPA's for his athletes

Again, there are a lot more than 5 coaches in NCAA history that have had their players get good grades. It's great but you're reaching and this doesn't make him special.

All 9 and 10 win seasons (and we were two drops away from being 11-1 this year)

We were also two plays away from 7-5. It's a credit to Pelini that we haven't slipped up any worse than 4 losses, but with the schedules we have had, 9 wins is practically gift-wrapped.

The players love Bo

Please. Players always love their coach. Zac Taylor wrote an impassioned letter in defense of Bill Callahan.

The other football staff love Bo

Recruits consistently say they love Bo

Again - your coworkers and your players liking you isn't an accomplishment - it's expected.

The only people that don't like Bo are some fans, which I guess includes you now.

Don't confuse liking someone with wanting them in their job. I like Bo. I don't want him as the coach anymore.

Either way your use of the word 'some' is funny, since well over double as many people want him gone than don't according to this poll and others lik eit.

But you guys pull out the same old tired "He said the goal is to win championships and he hasn't so he's a failure so let's fire him". And that's the only metric you have, but Jesus give the man some time.

Only metric huh? Yeah.... I've NEVER heard anyone cite embarrassing blowout losses, lack of championship appearances, lack of major bowl appearances, poor record against ranked teams, national embarrassments with his behavior, fighting to barely be ranked in the top 25, telling the fans to f#*k off, hiring his unqualified buddies, taking a lackadaisical approach to recruiting, or sloppy, inconsistent and mentally weak performances as reasons to let him go.

I see what you're saying. Literally the only thing is championships - none of that stuff has ever come up in conversation.

It seems like today the theme is championships. Several of your posts today only talk about lack of championships. Just thought I'd point that out.

And all the things you claim are expected (ie every point I made) there are plenty of schools that can't claim their coaches accomplished some of these.

And I'm sorry but my use of the word some is accurate. Huskerboard is FAR from representative of the fan base as a whole.

Yeah no kidding, there are people actually willing to defend Bo here.

the schedule has just gotten easier.

That could be argued both ways. Perception of the B1G is not good nationally, but I think our eyes ought to all be open to how physical this league is week after week. Offenses aren't as explosive and spread out as the Big XII, but there are typically 3-5 defenses that are among the top 15-20 nationally, and it has taken an adjustment in recruiting to match that physicality. We just need to develop OL and QB talent that we have already on the roster MUCH better than we do currently. That's priority #1 IMO.

the teams we beat usually get beaten by 4 or so other teams. that is not good company.

but i agree. it is all about the trenches. and we have always struggled at o-line.

Lol.

Bo is not going anywhere. Neither is his 9-3 staff.

This is the new norm, get used to it. It will take consecutive losing seasons to fire Pelini.

Empty seats will do it.

And there will be large swatches of them if he's still coach by Monday

Then we can blame all the whiners that they ruined the sell out streak.

Yeah, God forbid people not want to spend a lot of money to see Sharknado 8 when they've already seen Sharknado 1-7 and they're all exactly the same.

• Fire 1

I can't express how disappointed I am in about 80 HB members at the time of this post. You either don't understand what it is going to take to move this program forward or you are happy getting 9 wins on the back of patsy teams and easy schedules. Hopefully Eichorst does the right thing and gives the Huskers a shot at being nationally relevant again, lord knows 80 people here would screw it up.

My vote Pelini stays. The players like Bo. He has some nice young players and recruits to work with next year. Pelini will do what he thinks is best for the program if changes need to be made. It's his program. He is growing as a coach and so is the program for the future.

I would like to see a qb coach added. One that has success and examples of developing Qbs . One that has played the position at the college level , either D 1 , or even NAIA. One that experienced the quarter back role. Qb wishing to camp have to pay for these services but Neb can have this option during the season and developmental plans in the off season to attract potential qb and guide current qb.

Reduce player cost can only help the program and act as am intermediary between the offense while reeping benefits and A serious qb culture.

Iowa feels the same way about Ferentz as we do about Bo! They have the same poll going as we do!

https://iowa.rivals.com/pollresult.asp?SID=940&Poll=164981

Hey at least we have bragging rights over the big-time Heroes trophy that we won by 3 in overtime after being down 17 against a team who's fans hate their coach for sucking even more than we hate our coach for sucking.

Ferentz has been there 16 years. I think.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. If we keep Bo, we are Iowa. Think about that. Pelini could still be here and not have accomplished a damn thing in 16 years. Escuse me.......I'm going to be sick.

We already have been for 7 years. We even have a loss to ISU right on par with Iowa.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. If we keep Bo, we are Iowa. Think about that. Pelini could still be here and not have accomplished a damn thing in 16 years. Escuse me.......I'm going to be sick.

We already have been for 7 years. We even have a loss to ISU right on par with Iowa.

That's what I can't understand about the people openly promoting keeping Pelini. It's insanity at this point to think anything will improve if we keep Bo. It's not like they can say they didn't see it coming. We've been living it for 7 years now. We will continue to lose to decent and ranked teams and the highest we can hope for is being ranked in the 20's. If that is acceptable, count me out. I don't get what people are afraid of, it's not like it could get any worse. 4 wins, 5 wins, 6 wins.....it's no different than 9 wins if we don't win any games that matter. I could give two squirts about beating the Purdues and directional state universities of the world.

That's what I can't understand about the people openly promoting keeping Pelini. It's insanity at this point to think anything will improve if we keep Bo. It's not like they can say they didn't see it coming. We've been living it for 7 years now. We will continue to lose to decent and ranked teams and the highest we can hope for is being ranked in the 20's. If that is acceptable, count me out. I don't get what people are afraid of, it's not like it could get any worse. 4 wins, 5 wins, 6 wins.....it's no different than 9 wins if we don't win any games that matter. I could give two squirts about beating the Purdues and directional state universities of the world.
Especially in college football past performance does not accurately predict future outcomes. I mean. Look at Mack Brown.