***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

Credible insider from another board confirmed that Tressel is all but hired. The plan is for Frost to be OC and head coach in waiting. So the rumors may orove to be correct.

How credible is this source? Don't dangle that carrot, ya feel me?

Tressel + Frost combo is not the #1 choice. There is a lot of interest there to make it happen though. I'm not going to elaborate on it any further since there is a very big key part that needs to agree to it to make that combo work.

Credible insider from another board confirmed that Tressel is all but hired. The plan is for Frost to be OC and head coach in waiting. So the rumors may orove to be correct.

Tressel + Frost combo is not the #1 choice. There is a lot of interest there to make it happen though. I'm not going to elaborate on it any further since there is a very big key part that needs to agree to it to make that combo work.

please, do everything you can to protect your sources and secure the deal. you know as well as anyone that information is power. be careful with it.
  • Fire 1

I don't understand why people are linking Tressel to anyone else. If (big if) we hire him, he will surely decide his own crew. There is no way he would just accept an OC that wasn't his choice, and I have no idea why Scott Frost would be on his short list since he doesn't even know the guy.

If we hire a big name coach like Tressel, I guarantee that they will have their pick of coaches and coordinators. Otherwise we'd be tying their hands.

I'll bite. What is the #1 choice?

would really like to see Mullen or McElwain.

Frost should get a serious look

I have seen a number of people make "CEO" comments... maybe out of left field, but what about Tony Dungy?

Nebraska has money, but there's no way it's spending 7.5 million on Bo's buyout, then another 7.5 for McElwains before any salary is talked about.

And he's going to Gainesville.

I have seen a number of people make "CEO" comments... maybe out of left field, but what about Tony Dungy?

Nebraska has money, but there's no way it's spending 7.5 million on Bo's buyout, then another 7.5 for McElwains before any salary is talked about.

^ actually if Bo takes another job we can reduce the amount of his new salary from the buyout, NU will only have to pay the difference. per Sean Callahan after the presser yesterday.

Yep. He's more of an SEC guy anyway.

freese was offered Florida job I heard.