***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

Bovada 5/4 scott frost. That says it all. Better just start thinking about DC

Interesting. I don't know how vegas/betting sites work, but can I assume that 5/4 means Vegas is very confident that Frost is our guy?

As for Shaw, I think this is a great hire if it happens. I assume that its easier to recruit to Nebraska vs Stanford, so that would be in his favor here. I'm aware he's a Stanford alum, but I feel like I can see him wanting to go somewhere with an easier route into the playoff and slightly easier recruiting? Just my thoughts.

I'm not sure how it would be easier to recruit NE over Stanford, unless they have higher admission standards.
They have a lot higher admission standards
  • Fire 1

Been lurking since I saw the sock puppet thread mentioned on another site. I couldn't fight the urge to post any longer. I am curious to whether people have followed Vegas for other coaching hires elsewhere? I'm just curious as to how often they get it right.

Tunnel Walk of Shame tweeted a theory on Sunday. Feels like many that Eichorst is waiting for the Wisconsin job. Wants to make the popular hire at Nebraska which many would think to be Frost, since Husker fans know who he is. If he is a success he is a genius, if he turns out not to be the next big thing the ginger assassin is on his way before hope has been lost.

Not the slam dunk I am hoping for, but he will look pretty on the sidelines.

Going on record to say that if Frost gets the job, everyone else turned it down already. Panic mode has set in if Frost is hired. I understand that alot or some want him, but really, he is and was what Pelini was 8 years ago, the next hot up and coming coordinator. Believe me he isn't my last person I would hire, but can't be your first choice either.

Coaching a potential Heisman, and in the Pac 12, where they really don't play any form of D, and annointing him HC. I do have an issue with this if it were to happen.

Small issue, but an issue. I think in a few years he could be great, but will fans allow him to take a few years of 7-5 8-4 type records? 6-6?

Positive spin on it would be if Turner Gill came back as associate Head coach, and some other former greats and really revived the tradition. Has everyone crossed off the thought that when Bo was fired, T.O. was on a plane and not do back until some time tomorrow. I am guessing that since T.O. was a part of hiring Eichorst, he might be a part of this decision. So I am thinking after tomorrow we might have some answers.....

Going on record to say that if Frost gets the job, everyone else turned it down already. Panic mode has set in if Frost is hired. I understand that alot or some want him, but really, he is and was what Pelini was 8 years ago, the next hot up and coming coordinator. Believe me he isn't my last person I would hire, but can't be your first choice either.

Coaching a potential Heisman, and in the Pac 12, where they really don't play any form of D, and annointing him HC. I do have an issue with this if it were to happen.

Small issue, but an issue. I think in a few years he could be great, but will fans allow him to take a few years of 7-5 8-4 type records? 6-6?

Positive spin on it would be if Turner Gill came back as associate Head coach, and some other former greats and really revived the tradition. Has everyone crossed off the thought that when Bo was fired, T.O. was on a plane and not do back until some time tomorrow. I am guessing that since T.O. was a part of hiring Eichorst, he might be a part of this decision. So I am thinking after tomorrow we might have some answers.....

This is what scares me too. Frost is sitting in Bo's position back in 2008... an untested great mind destined for a HC position somewhere. As much as I would love DONU welcome a son home, if he ends up just like Pelini, it would be heartbreaking to have to sever ties with someone like Frost. If Frost is our guy, I hope we give him maximum time, just like Pelini.

Why do I get the feeling that we're going to spend several days throwing out all the "big" names we can think of that we'd like to have and drooling over every possibility and then we're going to find out that it's a not-as-well-known coach from a smaller school and everyone's going to be disappointed?

On another note, I think the position will be listed here before it is announced. I don't know if the head coaching job was listed before Pelini was hired but the assistant jobs over the last few years were listed there along with the recruiting assistant positions. Wouldn't swear to it but if the head coaching job gets listed, I'd say the announcement is coming soon.

I believe the decision has been made but the announcement will be on Sunday.

I think it will be Scott Frost. And I wasn't necessarily a big fan of the idea to start, I think after reading the tweets of some of the players, he might be the right guy to talk to them. He's a native son of the state and program. He is young enough to still relate. And he may be the best one to heal the fractures that have been caused.