The Mike Riley Presser

knapplc

For a guy who is so well respected around coaching and media circles, he knows NOBODY on the staff?

That struck me as odd, too. You'd think he'd have a pretty full Rolodex by now.

Yeah...I think he has been pretty isolated...but it still something that kind of bugs me a bit...

1. Really well respected but might not know a lot of guys

2. Might be bringing most/all of his old staff

3. Offense is a hodgepodge/multiple

Not the end of the world but just things that kind of made me go "hmmmm"

He's been here a single day folks. Give him some time....he's got plenty of it.

Thats just it...he doesn't have plenty of time. He is starting recruiting today, he said...time is up.

So he met with the interim head coach....and you think he should meet with the others before he gets started trying to salvage the recruiting class?

Do you really want us to lose all our recruits?

No...I want him to already know who he wants on his staff and I suppose he might but he is just not saying. But trying to recruit and re-recruit kids when you can't tell them who their OC/DC and position coach will be has got to be very difficult.

I guess what I am saying is that from the fact that he has been at OSU for so long he might not have lots of "connections" and in doing so its hard for him to just text other coaches and offer them a spot...which either drags things out or means he is bringing most of his staff.

For a guy who is so well respected around coaching and media circles, he knows NOBODY on the staff?

Does that speak to the obscurity of the coaching hires Pelini has made?

You're missing the point, my friend.

This guy has coached in the NFL. He coached in the Pac-12. The media all claim to know him personally.

The coaching world is a pretty small world. I find it hard to believe his path hasn't crossed anybody on this staff at all in his almost 40 years of coaching.

EDIT: Apparently, I may be missing the point. Are you saying it's more telling about the previous staff that a guy so well known doesn't know any of the outgoing staff?

I honestly think this says more about Bo simply hiring friends and yes men. If a guy this well connected and respected doesn't no anyone here.