Bo has a new job

@MikelSevere: There is no doubt in my mind that the combo of Pelini and Tressel win at Youngstown state. Not like either guy has done much failing.

Close wins over power houses like SDSU, Wyoming, McNeese State.

How do great coaches fare against Sacramento State and Eastern Washington?

Some of you really need to let your hate for Bo go. I know, he didn't win a championship, but he's gone now. Turn the page.

http://www.prepsportswear.com/college/us/Ohio/Youngstown-State-University-Penguins.aspx?schoolid=2583720

Just read Bo's statement. While I agree that this will allow bo to concentrate on what matters, even in that statement, you can see why no large university with a large alumni base would want to touch bo. The guy doesn't endear himself to the people that pay the bills at all. I can respect being a ball coach, but none of these high paying jobs are just coaching anymore... People expect more if your going to make north of 3 mill.

Speaking of that; anyone ever seen bo release a statement on his Nebraska tenure? Someone needs to phone will muschamps agent and have him hook bo up with a pr person. That is how you graciously leave a university. You make more than 20 mill and are the highest paid figure head in the state for more than 5 years, you should at least have a statement, even if it's after a tough moment.

Was indifferent on if bo was fired, but damn he's a stubborn ahole. Hence he's going to ysu. Wish him luck.

• Fire 1

I had never really thought about the 28 Million dollars that Bo has or will make. 28 million dollars that could have been spent millions of better ways.

Yea that is just exactly what we need to do, wish him luck. The MFer is swimming in luck. What the hell did that tough moment for Bo cost us.

28 million dollars Un Fing believable.

Why hasn't this thread been moved? It doesn't belong in Husker football.

Maybe because Bo was fired not even 3 wks ago, or maybe because Nebraska will be paying Bo to coach at Youngstown St as his buyout states that UNL with pay $150,000 per month for the remainder of the contract while Bo is only responsible for repaying the salary that YSU pays him. Wolford got $200K/annual or $16.6K/mo; Thus, Nebraska could be paying Bo $133.3K/mo for the next 51 months to coach at YSU.

• Fire 1

Yeah this is probably a Bo move and not really a statement about his value. I remember Solich being offered the Army job shortly after we let him go but he took a year off. Bo probably wanted to keep coaching but maybe at a place where he can clear his head and take a deep breath. This is a perfect situation for everyone. Bo can focus on his new team without having to just sit at home and contemplate this mess and he doesn't have to worry about proving anything until he's ready to step up again. Hopefully he can take his staff with him and be happy.

We win, as mentioned above by Count, plus us fans get some closure with all of this. Puts the Tressel thing in place too. Good luck Bo. Try not to to let you new fanbase get under your skin so much.

• Fire 1

It's a good move for him. Like 1620 was saying yesterday, it's tough to step down from being a head coach and take a coord position. He probably could have been hired at a small power 5 school or another non power 5 school but he will probably be very successful at ysu and get to a more prestigious school within the next 5 years