Charlton Warren leaving

He's a position coach with no prior ties to Nebraska. This was going to happen at some point and it shouldn't hurt us as bad this thread makes it seems. I have faith in Riley to find a competent replacement. Good luck to Warren.

I know we will find a replacement equal or greater than Warren however a little continuity at a position would be nice. Good news is that everyone will be starting with a completely clean slate.

He's a position coach with no prior ties to Nebraska. This was going to happen at some point and it shouldn't hurt us as bad this thread makes it seems. I have faith in Riley to find a competent replacement. Good luck to Warren.

I know we will find a replacement equal or greater than Warren however a little continuity at a position would be nice. Good news is that everyone will be starting with a completely clean slate.

Yeah I definitely agree that continuity would be nice, but there really wasn't going to be a whole lot of that with a new head coach. I think it's better for continuity for him to go now instead of next year. I just feel bad for the recruits who thought they were going to play for him.

• Fire 1

+1

College football programs have turnover all the time in their assistant coaches ranks. It's odd that NU has had so much turnover at one position coach the past few years, but it does happen.

Turnover isn't odd. Turnover is odd when the rest of the staff was let go and you were retained. You secure early enrollees, continue recruiting/signing a new class, and then leave 9 days after National Signing Day. It seems odd and/or unethical.

It is borderline unethical. I didn't like it when other programs had coaches leave soon after signing day, and it's too bad that it now is happening at NU.

Who knows what type of "agreement" that Warren or Riley had. Maybe Warren was offered this job late in the process, but wanted to help Riley out and keep the recruits at NU. Warren is doing what is best for him and his family. It's tough for me to blame him for doing that.