ok... so who has some names for the new DB coach?

I expect this to be announced sometime in the next 7 days. That will give the new coach about a week acclimate himself to this coaching staff and the players before spring ball starts.

It will go fast.

Yeah, you'd think it will have to. Plus, if it's no surprise Warren left, the staff has to have known about this and gotten a head start. I read somewhere that this whole thing went down within the week so Riley was probably already going down his list calling those who might have interest. Regardless of how you feel about Warren leaving, he did help us with this recruiting class a lot and helped the coaching staff get their feet wet and get in the door. He helped them learn about what the team did with the old staff and where they needed to add talent. So you have to give him credit for helping with the transition and helping the new staff get going. I think just having him here an additional couple of months was priceless and worth it.

I don't think Riley will hire a NU guy that he has never worked with or met. He will go to someone he trusts or someone who comes highly recommended from someone he trusts. This has been his pattern so far...

Don't let logic or the truth come into this thread. My "lock" is Ronnie Lott. Either that or Scott Frost.

Mike Minter would be unbelievable but I don't think he's going to give up being a HC to move up as a position coach. I think he will try to move up as a HC if at all possible and he is still a HC now so don't think it will happen at this time. If he ever gets "let go" by his school I could see him taking a position coaching job at a FPS school then.

Mike Minter would be unbelievable but I don't think he's going to give up being a HC to move up as a position coach. I think he will try to move up as a HC if at all possible and he is still a HC now so don't think it will happen at this time. If he ever gets "let go" by his school I could see him taking a position coaching job at a FPS school then.

Could you imagine?!?

It would be nice to get him back here. With his resume as a player that would be great, but coaching is just beginning for him.

How bad is this timing?

Riley may have a lot of people he could potentially call up. But at this time of year, how many of them have already reaffirmed their commitment to their current jobs? Not exactly very active coach hiring season. All of that has by and large concluded, no?

I thought that mattered. Apparently not.