I like the sound of this - Conditioning

The bigger take away is the more custom tailored work out routines.

Was cutting edge at the time, but the Carolina Panthers when they entered the league, had machines that the guys would use that measured muscular imbalances, weak areas etc..... The staff was then able to tailor workouts to prevent the injuries and strengthen the areas. Some similar workouts, but a lot of specific stuff to "fix" guys.

The idea of increasing mobility is a great idea. Mobility or lack ther of is a killer. I think of the comments Heard made about getting to UK and fixing his hips. Same with the comments about that "white boy safety being a first rounder if I can fix his hips". Some thing that the new S&C notic d from film and Dobson was oblivious to for 2 years. Just saying

It was almost like after moving to the Big Ten, they changed everything and entered a time warp back into the '70's way of doing things. Like never using the high tech center.

No doubt. Even in the mentality of bigger slower guys. Ie to play in this division, are guys need to big (slow) and heavier (fat). We have one of if not the top strength complex in FBS (thx SUH) and it was like it was never used. Crazy.

I think we all think the offensive line needs to get stronger*. Linebacker a little tougher? Outside of that, not sure we lack speed, athleticism, or power than the other years. Am I wrong?

Endurance is needed though. You can never have enough of that. Or a really good depth chart.

*Stronger - As in... Not tougher, Not nastier, Not meaner, Not more emotional.......I'm talking about human strength. Physical strength. Actual strength.

The bigger take away is the more custom tailored work out routines.

Was cutting edge at the time, but the Carolina Panthers when they entered the league, had machines that the guys would use that measured muscular imbalances, weak areas etc..... The staff was then able to tailor workouts to prevent the injuries and strengthen the areas. Some similar workouts, but a lot of specific stuff to "fix" guys.

The idea of increasing mobility is a great idea. Mobility or lack ther of is a killer. I think of the comments Heard made about getting to UK and fixing his hips. Same with the comments about that "white boy safety being a first rounder if I can fix his hips". Some thing that the new S&C notic d from film and Dobson was oblivious to for 2 years. Just saying

It was almost like after moving to the Big Ten, they changed everything and entered a time warp back into the '70's way of doing things. Like never using the high tech center.

No doubt. Even in the mentality of bigger slower guys. Ie to play in this division, are guys need to big (slow) and heavier (fat). We have one of if not the top strength complex in FBS (thx SUH) and it was like it was never used. Crazy.

I think we all think the offensive line needs to get stronger*. Linebacker a little tougher? Outside of that, not sure we lack speed, athleticism, or power than the other years. Am I wrong?

Endurance is needed though. You can never have enough of that. Or a really good depth chart.

*Stronger - As in... Not tougher, Not nastier, Not meaner, Not more emotional.......I'm talking about human strength. Physical strength. Actual strength.

Stronger and Nastier are ok as long as we are talking playing like the 1990 teams that took no prisoners - who engaged contact and didn't run away from it. Who delivered hits before they could be hit.

• 3 weeks later...

What's new? Haven't the players been "signing in" to lifts for several years?

Don't get me wrong, it is very cool and cutting edge to closely follow gains and progression. Is there something new about what the staff is doing with the numbers? Just curious...

Yeah, that is the system that's been in place for a couple years now. I don't think Stewart is saying it's new, just that we're a leader.

I think we are taking a different approach in general. Boyd is heavily involved now

I see the different approach as knowing we have all these awesome toys and this reputation and are taking a whoppin 45 seconds out of the day to tweet it out and brag this sh#t up. Puttin forth just that slight extra effort in showing we're actually about.
  • Fire 1

I think we are taking a different approach in general. Boyd is heavily involved now

I see the different approach as knowing we have all these awesome toys and this reputation and are taking a whoppin 45 seconds out of the day to tweet it out and brag this sh#t up. Puttin forth just that slight extra effort in showing we're actually about.

#BOOM!

And that might be the only difference for all we know, and you know what? That little bit extra is enough for me to appreciate. Some of these guys have never been to a place that has all these neat toys and fancy smancy facilities, so forgive them if they're excited and showing it. Same goes for the bunch of you at the top of this thread, forgive those of us who appreciate the excitement and appreciation this staff is showing for the things this program has to offer. Maybe we get a little amped up to hear some positivity instead of hearing the last staff bitch about how rough it is to compete at "poor disadvantaged old Nebraska". Ha! My ass it is........we got it good here.