CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd like to remind anyone watching this thread that just a week ago we thought there was zero chance we'd even be on a short list for Darnay. The surge in possibility at the end of the week was exciting, but let's not crash and get all negative if/when we hear that he's not coming here.

There are very good players that have committed to Nebraska, and we'll hopefully see Calvin do so today. Let's celebrate that and the recruiting wins - not go down a rabbit hole of negativity.

• Fire 1

I'd like to remind anyone watching this thread that just a week ago we thought there was zero chance we'd even be on a short list for Darnay. The surge in possibility at the end of the week was exciting, but let's not crash and get all negative if/when we hear that he's not coming here.

There are very good players that have committed to Nebraska, and we'll hopefully see Calvin do so today. Let's celebrate that and the recruiting wins - not go down a rabbit hole of negativity.

Agree completely.

I agree, but this was the class that was going to change that narrative. This is a typical nebraska recruiting class that is hovering the the 20's or 30's in rank. We have a few fresh that will come in and contribute, a lot that need a redshirt year and some weight and speed to get ready for the next level. I am not going to be disappointed if we don't get holmes, but if we miss out on Lewis, Johnson, Lenoir, and the rest of California connection it will be disappointing and hard not to be a little on the negative side. The probable finish for this class is right around a 25 ranking, which seems to be the status quo. We saw on the field this year that the talent needs to change for us to get out of the 4 loss rut. Here's to hoping we land some big guys to finish this class.

• Fire 1

Sounds like USC sold mom on playing close-to-home and sold Darnay on being the next Adoree Jackson.

We're selling him on being the first Darnay Holmes at Nebraska.
Which is great and all.. I get it.. He could become his own brand at NU but you don't get the exposure if you can't win big games. Now do I see him getting the exposure next year at USC that he would at Nebraska? No way. He has a plan of playing 3 years and being a 1st round draft pick. No matter what Nebraska says we don't do that as well as Ohio State or USC.

I am sure it's the hope of all these top prospects-the NFL- but this isn't basketball. With each level, the game becomes less and less translatable to the next level. Even Sarrell isn't a lock to be good in the NFL. Just hard to imagine an 17 year old kid already aiming to be a first round pick in three years. Jabril Peppers isn't even a lock

Totally agree with this.

I agree, but this was the class that was going to change that narrative. This is a typical nebraska recruiting class that is hovering the the 20's or 30's in rank. We have a few fresh that will come in and contribute, a lot that need a redshirt year and some weight and speed to get ready for the next level. I am not going to be disappointed if we don't get holmes, but if we miss out on Lewis, Johnson, Lenoir, and the rest of California connection it will be disappointing and hard not to be a little on the negative side. The probable finish for this class is right around a 25 ranking, which seems to be the status quo. We saw on the field this year that the talent needs to change for us to get out of the 4 loss rut. Here's to hoping we land some big guys to finish this class.

I also agree with this. One of these years we need some of these star powered guys take the leap and jump on board because it would of make a difference. these coaches are doing a great job getting them on campus which is a great start. It's a matter of time in my opinion