People who never go to the Spring Game - why don't you go?

I live three hours away. I have three kids that have very busy schedules. If by chance it does fall on a very nice warm day, I'm either going to take my son fishing of golfing unless (like usual) I have any of a thousand other things scheduled on that day this time of year.

I probably won't even watch it live on TV.

I went to 6 straight spring games and the cancelled spring game burned me a bit. To drive 6 hours, buy tickets rent a hotel to just sit in a hotel without power sucked. Not there fault at all and it was the right decision but it is long ways and expensive trip to make for a practice. BTN helps the decision too. Might go next year

I went to 6 straight spring games and the cancelled spring game burned me a bit. To drive 6 hours, buy tickets rent a hotel to just sit in a hotel without power sucked. Not there fault at all and it was the right decision but it is long ways and expensive trip to make for a practice. BTN helps the decision too. Might go next year

Ouch that sucks!!! I agree with you on that day...that flat out sucked.

I have gone every year for probably 6 years now...not really for the game but just for the atmosphere. It sounds so lame but there is something electric about being in Lincoln on a "game day"...

• Fire 1

I used to attend Spring Games religiously as it was normally my only chance to see Nebraska play in person, even if it was only a scrimmage. The first year of Bo I went but couldn't get in, instead I watched the big screen while laying on the soccer field. It was pretty cool actually, like a football picnic.

The rain out year really irked me too even though it paid for my tickets the next year.

Seeing the Team Jack thing live and in person was cool, but all I can remember from recent years is watching FB dive plays over and over again and stopping the game for drill showcases. Pelini's last year was by far my least favorite Spring game ever, I didn't like the scoring system, I realize it was a depth issue, but I didn't like the set up.

All of that coupled with the new coaching staff (meaning a packed game) and the fact that it's on TV made me pass this year.

I went many times when I was between say 8-15. When I was at UNL I never went because (I think) the weather was crappy or I would always have some big school (test/project/paper) thing the week after.

Now I live a 6.5 hour drive away. I think that my son would love it, but its just not feasible.