Ron Brown to Liberty (FCS)

I was disappointed in Ron Brown when he followed Bo to Youngstown. In my view, that amounted to a sort of endorsement of Pelini's actions...as Pelini basically tried to burn the place down on his way out the door. I found it hypocritical that Brown preaches Christian values and then turns a blind eye toward Pelini's deplorable behavior. I'm a fan of Coach Brown, but found that choice to be inexplicable and indefensible.

AMEN

I am sure the move is two fold. Turner Gill is getting to work with an old friend that he feels comfortable with and has a great report with, and he is getting someone with a strong Christian background that will fit in very well with the mission at Liberty University.

Plus isn't Liberty in N. Carolina? Great weather and golfing year round. chuckleshuffle

One more thing, Ron Brown doesn't seam like the type of guy that is driven by money. He has made a very nice living for 20+ years. I am sure he has put away enough money that he is not looking for a big paycheck.

I am sure the move is two fold. Turner Gill is getting to work with an old friend that he feels comfortable with and has a great report with, and he is getting someone with a strong Christian background that will fit in very well with the mission at Liberty University.

Plus isn't Liberty in N. Carolina? Great weather and golfing year round. chuckleshuffle

One more thing, Ron Brown doesn't seam like the type of guy that is driven by money. He has made a very nice living for 20+ years. I am sure he has put away enough money that he is not looking for a big paycheck.

Virginia

Virginia

Lynchburg is kind of meh, IMO. Probably better than Youngstown though, not that I've been there. And probably a better fit, assuming the same or at least compatible brands of Christianity. Liberty is a large and rapidly growing university. Founded by Jerry Falwell, FWIW.

Now this is a move that makes a heck of a lot more sense for Ron Brown. Turner Gill and Ron Brown coaching on the same team. Talk about your cup runneth over. May as well be playing for Jesus himself.

I'm not a holy man, but those two are pretty inspirational speakers and from everything I've ever heard, they're pretty good people. Should be a positive environment.

Not a snarling, nostril flaring, screaming, finger in chest poking, blame all but yourself- finger pointing dumpster fire like YSU.

I was disappointed in Ron Brown when he followed Bo to Youngstown. In my view, that amounted to a sort of endorsement of Pelini's actions...as Pelini basically tried to burn the place down on his way out the door. I found it hypocritical that Brown preaches Christian values and then turns a blind eye toward Pelini's deplorable behavior. I'm a fan of Coach Brown, but found that choice to be inexplicable and indefensible.

How do you know he turned a blind eye? You're putting RB on a pedestal that is unjust. What does Christian values have to do with Pelini deplorable behavior and his decision to coach under him? Also, Why is it bad for him to coach under Bo at a program that would allow him to speak his mind, but it's not even worth mentioning that a university, that you follow, shut him up because he is an outspoken Christian? The same one that allows professors to preach their agnostic, atheist, etc. views on students?

• Fire 1

Alright. All my jokes aside. Like some others have said, now this makes sense. Yes, we know why-in his own words even-why Brown chose Youngstown St to begin with, but it was still a head scratcher to many including me. This decision to join Turner Gill at a churchy school like Liberty makes all the sense in the world to me and completely eases any angst I had towards Brown as part of our history caused by following Bo to YSU. Let's face it, he was starting to become a punch line to many, myself included at times, and that was really uncomfortable. I'm glad he did this, and frankly, I bet when he got the call, it was probably a no brainer decision.

Alright. All my jokes aside. Like some others have said, now this makes sense. Yes, we know why-in his own words even-why Brown chose Youngstown St to begin with, but it was still a head scratcher to many including me. This decision to join Turner Gill at a churchy school like Liberty makes all the sense in the world to me and completely eases any angst I had towards Brown as part of our history caused by following Bo to YSU. Let's face it, he was starting to become a punch line to many, myself included at times, and that was really uncomfortable. I'm glad he did this, and frankly, I bet when he got the call, it was probably a no brainer decision.

Ron Brown doesn't care about your angst or that you're glad.