Maliek Collins Projected 2016 First-Round Pick by Todd McShay

I feel Collins will benefit greatly by staying at NU another year. He has not been the kind of dominant player that one would expect it takes to be a first round pick IMO. I don't think it is guaranteed he makes first team all Big Ten as there are a number of darn good DTs in the Big Ten this and every year. His numbers are not astounding and his sack total is marginal. He may have played very well and is a good run stopper. But real power running teams we did not necessarily play a bunch of this year and most teams passed all over on us. He was not the 'splash' type player really. If he improves considerably next season, I think he adds literally millions to his signing bonus. Chances of s serious injury are small and can be insured for. He is money ahead to stay and become a 'great' player instead of a dam good one. IMO.

I feel Collins will benefit greatly by staying at NU another year. He has not been the kind of dominant player that one would expect it takes to be a first round pick IMO. I don't think it is guaranteed he makes first team all Big Ten as there are a number of darn good DTs in the Big Ten this and every year. His numbers are not astounding and his sack total is marginal. He may have played very well and is a good run stopper. But real power running teams we did not necessarily play a bunch of this year and most teams passed all over on us. He was not the 'splash' type player really. If he improves considerably next season, I think he adds literally millions to his signing bonus. Chances of s serious injury are small and can be insured for. He is money ahead to stay and become a 'great' player instead of a dam good one. IMO.

NFL doesn't give a rats ass about a player's stats or if they made all-conference. All they care about it talent. Maliek oozes talent, and he will also do well in interviews with coaches and GM's. If he is going to be drafted in the top 50 picks, he should go.

• Fire 2

I think Maliek's family situation will play a big role here. I think they could really use the money, not living in a good situation, that kind of thing.

I think it would help Maliek to stay another year at Nebraska, but family comes first. I'm cool with whatever decision he makes, I just hope it turns out to be the best for him.

• Fire 1

Can Collins improve his stock?

Depends on the guys lined up around him. If i am Collins, that is my deciding factor. I think the Defense will be better, but still dont see what he gains staying an extra year.

I think he end sup being a last 1st early/mid 2nd rounder which is still damn good.

If Collins is already a top 50 pick, how much more can he improve his stock? Even if he dominates next season and gets into the top 15, that's not a huge amount of difference in rookie salary.

Collins should go pro, so that he gets to his 2nd contract a year earlier. The 2nd contract (see Suh) is where NFL players make the huge $$$ now.