Jordan Stevenson to Play on Saturday

RADAR

I know a guy that is a big Wisconsin guy and has some inside info from sources around that program. They claim Stevenson could have pushed Clements for #1 if he was there and it would have been no doubt once Clements got hurt.

If the guy can return kicks, punts, block Hail Mary's, not get burned on deep routes, not fumble, catch a bootleg pass that was supposed to be a run on 3rd and 7, get him on the field immediately.

• Fire 8

If a guy wants to play and can help the team, then play him.

Dennard "wasted" his freshman year largely being the #2 option on kick returns.

We need something more out of this position group. If the guy isn't Wilbon or Taylor, then don't give the next chance to them out of seniority.

People aren't mad Riley is trying to utilize a player to win games.

People are baffled it's a running back considering we are so thick at the position. We still don't have a clear starter, but plenty to choose from. Now we are going to play a guy who has never played a down and hope for the best? Thats the concern.

If he is ready to go, awesome, save the season kid. We all bitched about Cross not having enough speed and Newby not having the right moves. Taylor and Wilbon have disappeared. Now we are riding Ozigbo and Jannovich and it's working, so the move to bring Stevenson in is strange.

• Fire 6

I'm fine with it if they give him some serious playing time and he's the answer to the backfield. Have him rotate with Ozigbo when he needs rest if he's the RB everyone says he can be. I was impressed with Ozigbo in the limited time we got to see him. I am not impressed with Newby at this point, was really hoping he'd step up and take that role this season, not happening.

You don't know what they will do until they get into a game, you just don't. Seven games is plenty of time to give him a shot. You hope they plan on getting him at least 8-10 touches in the game though. I would hope they might be looking at help at the CB spot also. They supposedly have two of the best Cover corners in Lee and Anderson red shirting.

sign of desperation, in my opinion. What has changed over the last 5 weeks that now, all of the sudden, convinces the coaching staff to burn his red shirt? They are searching for lightning in a bottle.

So what? He clearly needs to win before someone starts putting For Sale signs in front of the house he just moved into a week ago. He has to do whatever is necessary to win. That's what we all want.

No bitching about Lewis playing, no bitching about burning redshirts. He must win by all means necessary now, according to some.

Ha! They bitch when he doesn't do everything he can to win, so he talks about utilizing players he thinks can help the team win, and they're pissed that he's burning a redshirt.

Man, it's like moron is the new plague and it's hitting Huskerboard hard.

The real question is whether they truly feel Stevenson is such an upgrade that he will help us win. That will bear itself out based on his usage and/or success. To me, it looks like they're throwing the proverbial sh** at the wall and hoping it sticks, ie desperation. Hell, we seen a decent amount of 5 different backs already. Figure it out fellas. Conference play shouldn't be the time for position battles.

• Fire 3

People are baffled it's a running back considering we are so thick at the position. We still don't have a clear starter, but plenty to choose from. Now we are going to play a guy who has never played a down and hope for the best? Thats the concern.

If he is ready to go, awesome, save the season kid. We all bitched about Cross not having enough speed and Newby not having the right moves. Taylor and Wilbon have disappeared. Now we are riding Ozogbo and Jannovich and it's working, so the move to bring Stevenson in is strange.

Lets not forget that Wilbon is a legit running threat, yet we haven't seen him for weeks.

Bad move for a touch or two this game, just to go back on the milk carton.

• Fire 1

If he is ready to go, awesome, save the season kid. We all bitched about Cross not having enough speed and Newby not having the right moves. Taylor and Wilbon have disappeared. Now we are riding Ozogbo and Jannovich and it's working, so the move to bring Stevenson in is strange.

Not if Stevenson is one of your best athletes. Look at the Gumps, Oregon for the last couple years, USC, and a few others. They burn redshirts all the time in order to get the best athletes on the field. I have always thought it was a waste until I started paying attention to other teams and seen how often they done it.

Love it. Sticking it to Wisconsin

I don't understand this sentiment. Stevenson wanted to go to Wisconsin and the coaches wanted him, too. He was forced to look elsewhere when the school wouldn't let him in. I doubt Jordan has any ill-feelings towards the Wisconsin football team.

As much as I agree with you, I really doubt that. Just think, WISCONSIN DENIED HIM. How would that make you feel towards them? Maybe he is uber-mature, and really just turned a cheek on the situation. I'd suggest that deep down, he is a little ticked off at the University of Wisconsin. His only chance at redemption is beating the school that turned him down in football... Take it for what it's worth.

I know a guy that is a big Wisconsin guy and has some inside info from sources around that program. They claim Stevenson could have pushed Clements for #1 if he was there and it would have been no doubt once Clements got hurt.

If the guy can return kicks, punts, block Hail Mary's, not get burned on deep routes, not fumble, catch a bootleg pass that was supposed to be a run on 3rd and 7, get him on the field immediately.

lol +1

Love it. Sticking it to Wisconsin

I don't understand this sentiment. Stevenson wanted to go to Wisconsin and the coaches wanted him, too. He was forced to look elsewhere when the school wouldn't let him in. I doubt Jordan has any ill-feelings towards the Wisconsin football team.

As much as I agree with you, I really doubt that. Just think, WISCONSIN DENIED HIM. How would that make you feel towards them? Maybe he is uber-mature, and really just turned a cheek on the situation. I'd suggest that deep down, he is a little ticked off at the University of Wisconsin. His only chance at redemption is beating the school that turned him down in football... Take it for what it's worth.

To be fair, the team didn't deny him. Admissions did. I am sure he has no animosity towards Chryst and Co.