Its a very possible what if! But

Getting to 6-6 isn't going to be a huge problem in my opinion.

Because of matchup issues I see Nebraska finishing like this.

Minnesota - Win - No way Minny wins this game, no way. They can't throw the ball and in the Wisconsin game we still held Stave under 50% when he came in throwing 63%

Northwestern - Tossup - I can't say for sure either way on this. Their offense really isn't that good, but their defense is pretty solid. I am leaning toward NU on this though.

Purdue - Win - Duh

Michigan State - Win - Mike Riley is notorious for winning a game he shouldn't. Happened all the time at Oregon State.

Rutgers - Tossup - This is the worst matchup on paper for us that I see on the remaining schedule.

Iowa - Win - Contain Canzeri, win the game. Luckily our Rush defense is our strength.

Iowa and Michigan State are losses......end of story.

If only games were played on paper. Then you would be right! :D

You know what, I like our chances, we've managed to lose three, maybe four games, in which the chances of us losing were less than that.

Huskerfan92, lol.. No but I sure wish it was. I know ill get alot of negative replies.. It is what it is..

Haha believe me all of us hope that your "what if" is true, we want to see the best from this Husker team. However the odds give us a 2.5% chance of winning out

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/fpi?id=158&year=2015

50246-soooo-youre-telling-me-theres-P7Ga

Wins against Iowa and Michigan State?

You've got moxey, kid.

For some crazy reason despite their record and current rank (7th AP, 4th Coaches poll) what if Nebraska could at least put up a fight against MSU? Even though they (MSU) have looked sluggish at times this year they're still fairly good. If we could give them a game for me that would a) be awesome and b) mean a lot. My gut just says this team actually doesn't get blown up by MSU or Northwestern and gives them a ball game. I could be wrong but this is just what my gut tells me.

I see that MSU's currently ranked 56th in overall defense. Better than ours yes and definitely not up to par with what they've had in the past but they're still a top 10 team. Playing well against them might open up even the stingiest of anti Riley supporters eyes. Probably mine too. One can hope.

Goodness, I never cease to be amazed by the fans who go berzerk on game day after a loss of any kind and by the following Tuesday, are already becoming almost positive the team will win, win and win again starting with the very next game. Nothing has really changed about the schedule. If anything, the competition is tougher looking today than in mid August crystal balls. The bottom of the big ten is better than people have given it credit for and the top may not be quite so incredibly strong as some have been thinking. This is not surprising as most analysts would say teams are generally more commparable in overall talent than 20 years ago. At this point, there are no more reasons to be optimistic about winning games in the second half of the season than before the season began. Arguably, there are any number of reasons to be more pessimistic.

As a team, we are in grave jeopardy of losing confidence, faith and trust in the coaches, the players, etc. Teams that are doing well are gaining confidence and strength and teams that have struggled almost always continue to struggle.