The best hit ever

I loved the one that led to a helmet flying off against KSU. I think it was the 1994 game? DaMarcus/Joe Walker was running the punt back? Rucker made the block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN8Ng7coNio&feature=youtu.be&t=116

To go with something more recently, I think it's fair to bring up when our kids opted not to hit someone. Remember that bowl game against Washington when Locker had a concussion but was allowed to return to the field of play? I remember him running in the red zone and "we" could clearly have hammered him but laid off. I thought that was good sportsmanship on our part and showed our kids were more adult than the UW coaching staff.

• Plus1 2

I loved the one that led to a helmet flying off against KSU. I think it was the 1994 game? DaMarcus/Joe Walker was running the punt back? Rucker made the block.

To go with something more recently, I think it's fair to bring up when our kids opted not to hit someone. Remember that bowl game against Washington when Locker had a concussion but was allowed to return to the field of play? I remember him running in the red zone and "we" could clearly have hammered him but laid off. I thought that was good sportsmanship on our part and showed our kids were more adult than the UW coaching staff.

I made a comment to this hit above. 1995 against K-State in Lincoln. Mike Fullman was returning the punt, Mike Rucker makes the block/hit.

• Plus1 1

There is now no such thing as a good clean hit. They are all potentially dangerous and need to be banned from the game. Further, it is necessary that we should use 5 minutes of replay to determine if two helmets contacted one another, and if this happens the player must be ejected. We can simply not tolerate hard hits above the stomach, and these players need to made examples of. After all millions of dollars are at stake with the health and future of this game, and really isn't that what it's all about?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

I made a comment to this hit above. 1995 against K-State in Lincoln. Mike Fullman was returning the punt, Mike Rucker makes the block/hit.

Achso! Yes, I was at that game but saw it made Sportscenter later.

There is now no such thing as a good clean hit. They are all potentially dangerous and need to be banned from the game. Further, it is necessary that we should use 5 minutes of replay to determine if two helmets contacted one another, and if this happens the player must be ejected. We can simply not tolerate hard hits above the stomach, and these players need to made examples of. After all millions of dollars are at stake with the health and future of this game, and really isn't that what it's all about?

This is a joke right?

• Plus1 1

This is a joke right?

I'm hoping so. If not, the women's lingerie football league is laughing at it. They hit harder without as much protection then NFL does.

im having a hard time finding it, but wasnt there one from like 94 against wyoming where the quarterback gets smashed simultaneous from both ends?

This was the very first Husker game I ever attended with my grandparents.

This is still one of the more physical hits in Husker history.

t1ofj.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1