What would the Staff have to change for you to get on board?

thatguy

I wouldn't say I'm necessarily not on board currently. I mean I want Riley to succeed and all, I just don't think he will. So I'll rephrase the question to; What would I need to see to make me think that Riley would have a chance of succeeding here at Nebraska? (yes, there is a list....)

1- A real commitment to the run game. This one entails a lot for me. Quit shying away from calling runs, better O line play, play RB's that can run first & pass protect 2nd, RB's that don't go down easier than a $2 whore, 3rd and 2 does not have to be a pass....etc.

2- No more clock mismanagement issues. None. They've already had enough for a career in half a season here.

3- Vast improvement on the penalty front. Aggression penalties are okay, lack of discipline penalties are not.

4- Better O line play. Maybe some O line substitutions. I simply cannot believe the guys they are playing are the best we've got. They need to get more out of them either way. Don't really care if it's lack of talent or not.

5- Might need to see a whole different offense. Not a fan of this pansy ass finesse run style. Start shoving the ball down some peoples throats.

6- Defense has to stop getting torched through the air. Has to. This will require better coverage by the DB's and more pressure by the DL. Whatever it takes to get there, I don't care. Our talent is not as poor as this scheme performs. It just isn't and it has to improve.

7- Would like to see Riley actually doing something on the sidelines. Instruct some players, talk to other coaches, something, at least make it look like you're there for a reason and not just watching us lose yet again with your arms crossed.

8- Coach/Coordinator adjustments to prove that MR knows some of the results we have experienced are not acceptable. Banker? Langsdorf? Read? If their areas do not improve immediately and rapidly starting right now then they need to be shown the door. The product/result is not acceptable.

Show me most of that and I'll begin to believe there is a chance.

• Fire 1

I am still willing to give them some time, so I guess I am not in the "can them" category...yet. Holy crap though, they need show signs of life soon. In no particular order.....

- Find a running game

- Clean up penalties

- Install an attitude in the players. A mean streak. A "I wanna rip their head off, Eric Martin/Christian Peter/Grant Wistrom" attitude. An demeanor unlike the

sit on the bench with 1 minute left one that has been on display with some of the team.

- A defense that.....well anything resembling a defense

- A better use for the money wasted on a special teams coach

- Win more games, of course.

- Beat Iowa every year..no excuses (this is simply personal one because I am surrounded by squawkeye fans every day, and this year has been painful)

- I have more, but now I am transfixed on the beat Iowa thing.

1. Langsdorf is the first that needs to go. Our offense has been worse than the defense this year, especially the running game.

2. Banker needs to go to. We need new leaders on both sides of the ball.

3. Read needs to go. Special teams has not been impressive.

I would keep Bray and Williams, especially for their recruiting abilities, and get rid of pretty much everyone else.

I will guarantee you that Riley will not make ANY of these moves...not one that he initiates.

• Fire 1

1. Langsdorf is the first that needs to go. Our offense has been worse than the defense this year, especially the running game.

2. Banker needs to go to. We need new leaders on both sides of the ball.

3. Read needs to go. Special teams has not been impressive.

I would keep Bray and Williams, especially for their recruiting abilities, and get rid of pretty much everyone else.

I will guarantee you that Riley will not make ANY of these moves...not one that he initiates.

I almost argued with you on this one, but I honestly can't. Just goes to show how bad both sides of the ball have been when the offense is just as poor as this historically bad defense...

keep em coming guys. I know some of the coaches keep some tabs on what message-board-land thinks.

for me though, in addition to being willing and able to sit some players at least temprarily, they need to start the following:

- play the running back that's the best at, oh, running the ball.

- design offensive gameplans that give you the best chance to win according to the nature of the opponent, weather, and available players, not just because it looked pretty in your head.

-

Less mistakes.

Less penalties.

Better game management.

Trying a rush on 3rd and short.

Jettison Banker.

Force assistants to play best players.

Take an active, visible role with players.

Be honest.

When you say you'll work with what we have. Do it.

Sacrifice the system for the players.

Recruit with passion; don't limit yourself

This isn't Oregon State.

This is Nebraska.

Aim high. Don't settle.

When you said you'd get the best coaches,

Did you really believe that?

Or is it just a coincidence that they were already all at OSU?

Do you think we are stupid?

Eichorst thinks so, but I'm curious of you

Aw Shucks.

I bet you're probably a "nice guy", but...

Nebraska means more than "nice guy"...