"Jordan Stevenson is done"

Also heard that Matt Finnin has quit as well.

Matt Finnin never cared. He's over at the house I party at every weekend drinking and smoking cigs.

You'd be shocked to know just how many football players do this, including the successful ones.
Ya well I highly doubt our successful contributors are out shutting the bars down on Friday night when their is a scrimmage scheduled for Saturday morning at 8. But what do I know and I'm sure others do. Just saying he has never given me the vibe that he cares at all about football.

Like Ross Pilkington? That was a raging clue that Callahan was a complete dickhole.

I was just thinking about him when I heard that two players hung it up today. I remember that Pilkington was pretty good and seemed squared away and said so to the engineer at work that I thought it was a harbinger of some bad things on the horizon. He said,"Good! I hope all of Solich's players leave! We don't want them and we don't need them!"

By the way, the engineer was the engineer because he was the bosses' son, and he wrecked a few product lines before he was asked to leave.

Also heard that Matt Finnin has quit as well.

Matt Finnin never cared. He's over at the house I party at every weekend drinking and smoking cigs.

You'd be shocked to know just how many football players do this, including the successful ones.
Ya well I highly doubt our successful contributors are out shutting the bars down on Friday night when their is a scrimmage scheduled for Saturday morning at 8. But what do I know and I'm sure others do. Just saying he has never given me the vibe that he cares at all about football.

Well, don't get me wrong. It's my opinion that everybody, not just football players, should take responsibility - even as college kids. If you have anything going on at 8 the next morning, you probably shouldn't be out until bar close. Athletes should also not be smoking cigarettes because of the obvious health concerns.

Not excusing the behavior, more just explaining the fact that a lot of players make bad decisions and are still very successful.

Offensive linemen and running backs are dropping out like rats off a sinking ship. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the inexplicably bad rotations at both positions.

One lineman and One RB. Let's not get carried away here.

So far.

And when was the last time two players voluntarily quit mid-season, on the same day, for reasons other than injury?

I will be concerned when it's actual contributors quitting

Like Ross Pilkington? That was a raging clue that Callahan was a complete dickhole.

That is a very good example. Jordan Stevenson and Matt Finnin are not.

• Fire 1

Offensive linemen and running backs are dropping out like rats off a sinking ship. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the inexplicably bad rotations at both positions.

One lineman and One RB. Let's not get carried away here.

So far.

And when was the last time two players voluntarily quit mid-season, on the same day, for reasons other than injury?

I will be concerned when it's actual contributors quitting

That is a very good example. Jordan Stevenson and Matt Finnin are not.

I didn't mean to either conflate the two situations or imply that they were similar.

Just pointing out that Callahan was a dickhole...and Ross Pilkington was a captain, I believe. It spoke volumes to me then.

• Fire 1

Getting rid of the toxic, non-buying in players isn't going to hurt the program one ounce. This is why its called a rebuild. If Husker nation is content with winning just 9 games a year, no Big 10 title games, no meaningful bowls, and so on, should have kept BO or Callahan or Solich. These changes were made to get back to the champ level. Dont forget the 40 point blowouts on national TV to Wisky. The change was made to get this program back to winning meaningful games again. Sure no one wants to be 3-6 right now, but this was coming regardless the coach.

2 strikeouts, and one that produced a NC title game appearance, with a Heisman winner, who was ran out. Riley has lost two games that are no brainers, but at this point thats done and over. If he can recruit top notch talent and get the athletes that should be here, here, all in for him for at least the next 2 years.

Get rid of the players who don't and won't commit to this program and the coach. SEe ya later, happy finding a home now. Stevenson, now has been at this 2nd signed school in 7 months. Might be bigger issues at hand than either grades or body shape. Just saying.

• Fire 2

Who said we don't have insiders commenting here? Awesome

If I owned a newspaper in the state I would use that comment word for word as the headline.

No wonder our players are out of gas at the end of the game... they smoke too many cigarettes.

Good coaches convince players to stay while bad ones have a hill to climb just to meet those departing players halfway.

Some good coaches push players out too. Harbaugh had no problem pushing guys out the door this past offseason. Some were good players like Blake Countess.

It's worse to keep guys around that don't buy in or don't fit.

• Fire 1

The Rodgers brothers say hello along with Steven Jackson

Steven Jackson was a finished project of Dennis Erickson's that Riley inherited and James Rodgers had was a wide receiver most of his career at Oregon State.

Anyhow, glad to see at least one running back saying hello instead of good-bye.

Bazinga!

Getting rid of the toxic, non-buying in players isn't going to hurt the program one ounce. This is why its called a rebuild. If Husker nation is content with winning just 9 games a year, no Big 10 title games, no meaningful bowls, and so on, should have kept BO or Callahan or Solich. These changes were made to get back to the champ level. Dont forget the 40 point blowouts on national TV to Wisky. The change was made to get this program back to winning meaningful games again. Sure no one wants to be 3-6 right now, but this was coming regardless the coach

Well, we surely all want "the champ level" and I for one was tired of Nebraska winning all those meaningless games.

So let's will do a Nebraska version of Chairman Mao's "Great Leap Forward" and purge all of the running dog lackeys who still do the bidding of that foremost paper tiger, Pelini.