Reported Sexual Assault at Armstrong's House Under Investigation

I know these are college students, but that means they are young adults. And with recent headlines with other college athletes and bad decisions, I don't understand why they continue to put themselves in this position.

TA and Westerkamp may not be involved in this incident, hope so, but why is the star QB and WR of the college team hosting a party?? Be responsible and this isn't responsible, I know they're in college, but the negative outcomes of hosting a college party far outweight that of not having one. From sex assault to an underage student drinking and potentially driving home and getting into a crash.

Just not smart at all.

Because the star QB and WR and their friends are trying to have fun and get laid.

They should be watching film and lifting...Like Gangwish!

If he's got nothing to hide I don't see the problem with talking to the police, amazing how much that view has been slanted now, despite what some might think people aren't charged for zero reason, but I digress. I do have an issue with him talking to the press, he shouldn't do that, that's not his responsibility. I can't imagine Mike Riley would want him doing such a thing either. Hope this gets resolved from the Husker football stand point sooner rather than later so it's not just hanging out there. If it's not a football player, there should be no reason to drag that angle on. Clear that up and move on with the investigation into the person responsible.

I agree with he shouldn't talk to media, but he probably wanted it to make clear he is cleared and so is westerkamp, so people will move on. Otherwise, like someone else mentioned, headline reads sex assault at their house and everyone else is left wondering. This is n awful headline to have over your head and house.

:yeah

I know these are college students, but that means they are young adults. And with recent headlines with other college athletes and bad decisions, I don't understand why they continue to put themselves in this position.

TA and Westerkamp may not be involved in this incident, hope so, but why is the star QB and WR of the college team hosting a party?? Be responsible and this isn't responsible, I know they're in college, but the negative outcomes of hosting a college party far outweight that of not having one. From sex assault to an underage student drinking and potentially driving home and getting into a crash.

Just not smart at all.

Because the star QB and WR and their friends are trying to have fun and get laid.

I know it's silly to think a college student shouldn't be partying, but really these are young adults and so much potential for hosting a college party could go wrong. As it just did.

Just not smart at all.

They were partying, not throwing a party. This means having fun with friends.

Just not smart at all.

I know it's silly to think a college student shouldn't be partying, but really these are young adults and so much potential for hosting a college party could go wrong. As it just did.

Or you could go for a nice dinner outside in Paris and end up dead. You can't live in fear of something possibly happening.

• Fire 2

Just not smart at all.

I'll hold off judgement on this. This could simply have been 3-5 friends sitting around having a few beers heading into an off week. Nothing that I have seen has indicated it was anywhere close to the types of parties I threw in college. :cheers

Just not smart at all.

Or you could go for a nice dinner outside in Paris and end up dead. You can't live in fear of something possibly happening.

Oh ok, didn't need to go there. But what has a higher probability of something bad happening? Going to dinner in a city, or having a party with drinking involved with lots of 18-21 year olds.

Hmm

If he's got nothing to hide I don't see the problem with talking to the police, amazing how much that view has been slanted now, despite what some might think people aren't charged for zero reason, but I digress. I do have an issue with him talking to the press, he shouldn't do that, that's not his responsibility. I can't imagine Mike Riley would want him doing such a thing either. Hope this gets resolved from the Husker football stand point sooner rather than later so it's not just hanging out there. If it's not a football player, there should be no reason to drag that angle on. Clear that up and move on with the investigation into the person responsible.

I agree with he shouldn't talk to media, but he probably wanted it to make clear he is cleared and so is westerkamp, so people will move on. Otherwise, like someone else mentioned, headline reads sex assault at their house and everyone else is left wondering. This is n awful headline to have over your head and house.

This is the problem. Already, many people who see/read this story will assume it to be true even if no one is charged. It's one of the faults with reporting information before it's been hashed out in the legal process. Drawing comparison to the Patrick Kane rape accusation, many people believe or at least suspect he did it, when the case against him as in fact been dropped. I deeply appreciate the media and their job, but, it is a dilemma.

If TA doesn't talk to police, that's likely reported as TA and Co. refusing to answer questions. Legal, but to those on the outside, suspicious. If he does answer questions, the court of public opinion thinks he's probably innocent.

I have no idea if he had intent other than to just cooperate.