Scott Frost to UCF

This is a brilliant move...0-11 last year so basically anything is better...the bar is set so low that the chances of looking good are fantastic.

I bet he puts together a sweet staff of recruiters too

Shocker, another guy that we went to college with that is more successful than we are. Of course, that is pretty much the entire UNL alumni base from the mid-90s.

Great news for Scott. Maybe one day he's HC at NU! If he does well at UCF I think the chance is decent he ends up in Lincoln (after he marries some hot Fla gal lol). The UCF gig sounds great. He gets to build up something from a dumpster fire at a good school with awesome recruiting grounds, direct flights, modest expectations and decent but not killer competition. I expect he'll succeed. He's a smart guy who's been taught by some of the giants. We'll see.

• Fire 1

Well when he doesn't have much success down in Florida people can still use the "he's a Nebraska guy?

Bill Belechik was also a complete failure in his first head coaching job. Just sayin'

Yeah, he didn't exactly light the world on fire. But the year before he took over the Browns they won three games. In Belechik's fourth year he took the Browns to the playoffs and they beat the Patriots. So there's that.

Frost is going to coach at UCF for a few years. Riley will retire from Nebraska, the Huskers will go hard after Frost, but in a cruel twist of fate & history repeating itself, Scott Frost will take the head coaching position at Stanford.

It is posts like this that restore my faith in Huskerboard.

• Fire 1