***Official Foster Farms Bowl Thread - UCLA***

Mavric

There will be a time when we look back on college football and won't be able to believe that we actually ejected players for things like this. It will be the like when you learn about the Salem witch trials in school: "Wait, wait, wait. You could make a tackle, and if you hit the guy too hard and your helmets even came close to brushing, they threw you out of the game? No, way. That's crazy!"

Hey everyone--can someone give me an abbreviated recap? I've been busy dodging tornadoes down here in Dallas-Ft. Worth this evening, and our TV is still out. :-|

Stay safe, was watching the chasers early on TVN. Prayers to all those affected down there with the damage.

Review of a call that 'affirms' a bad judgement call creates an even bigger distrust of the integrity and honesty of the officiating and calls into question the legitmacy of the entire game itself. If the clearly incorrect calls are reviewed and adjudged to be correct, then the message being sent to the fans it that the outcome of the game is NOT being determined by the honest and sincere and legitimate efforts of the players and coaches. In fact, it suggest the outcome is being determined by persons other than those directly participating and competing. If the games are being rigged or the outcomes manipulated (as many fans have argued over the years about given games, teams, programs, conferences, etc.), then it becomes nothing more than "All Star Wrestling" or other theatrical performances. The game itself is threatened.

Calls that are NOT properly corrected after careful and timely 'review' with all the cameras and films and ability to use slow motion, different angles, etc, then we know the games are not 'real' sporting events. The winners and losers are being selected and not decided based on honest hard work and competition on the field.

I never liked pelini's antics but Mike Riley's lack of emotion is really suspect. He must have been neutered by Eichorst before coming to Nebraska. No other explanation for the lack of balls on this coaching staff. I guess getting neutered to get salaries is not bad for these coaches. I feel bad for Gerry. That should have been a top ten play and not an ejection. The referee who called that is an idiot.

• Fire 1

Hey everyone--can someone give me an abbreviated recap? I've been busy dodging tornadoes down here in Dallas-Ft. Worth this evening, and our TV is still out. :-|

Power running form NU. Then we go pass happy (Reilly drops great throw), board melts down. We go power running again and tie. Nate gets ejected on the worst targeting BS call EVER. I mean EVER. Hopefully this is the future O we run. PA, counters and power run game.

D started iffy, but settled down. Reeves our and possibly MRI.

Hope you and your family is safe

• Fire 1