TE Reese Leitao [Texas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When can we un-relax? This class is falling apart.

We've lost two commitments from guys who were projects.

If we lose Gebbia or KJJ, you can start panicking.

Have to disagree. Don't think either decommits were projects.. easily could have seen Reese on the field before KJJ or Gebbia. Especially for the big need at TE.

I don't know if there is that great a need at TE. There are 6 TE on the current roster not including the 3 seniors. Out of those 6 I would hope they can find one good one. Just because we didn't see any of them this year doesn't mean they aren't better than Leitao. If you haven't noticed this staff isn't big on giving spots up to freshman when there is an upperclassman starting. There were 3 senior TE and the 2 backups did ok when in the game

Have to disagree. Don't think either decommits were projects.. easily could have seen Reese on the field before KJJ or Gebbia. Especially for the big need at TE.
I don't know if there is that great a need at TE. There are 6 TE on the current roster not including the 3 seniors. Out of those 6 I would hope they can find one good one. Just because we didn't see any of them this year doesn't mean they aren't better than Leitao. If you haven't noticed this staff isn't big on giving spots up to freshman when there is an upperclassman starting. There were 3 senior TE and the 2 backups did ok when in the game

Tyler Hoppes may be a good walk-on TE, but behind him there are 3 scholarship TE's who have never seen the field as a Cornhusker. There is legitimate concern at the TE position.

Tyler Hoppes may be a good walk-on TE, but behind him there are 3 scholarship TE's who have never seen the field as a Cornhusker. There is legitimate concern at the TE position.
You have Engelhaupt, Snyder and Stoll. Yes they haven't seen the field between redshirting and being injured. Plus you had 3 seniors with experience and we had zero blow out victories where they would have seen the field. I guess I'll worry about it more when I actually get to see them play. Just watched Rex Burkehead get the most carries of his career today he's pretty good and was 4th on the depth chart at one point. Just saying it might not be as bad as you think. Plus we have another TE this class and a possible 5* next class

Even if we do lose to this kid we have Jurgens in the 2018 class ready to go.

That's not exactly reassuring considering the lack of depth that is returning at the TE position for '17.

Leitao could have played right away.

There's young depth at the position. It's just a matter of one stepping up.

Reese is not a project. He reminds me of cethan and is a big loss at a position of need

It's a coping mechanism, anyone who commits then flips/decommits was a "project".

Yep, if he had stayed at NU, he would have been expected

to play right away, people would have been asking about him in Fall Camp and wondering if he's gonna start, and then they would question why he ended up redshirting, but then in Dec. 2017, the fans would be saying how great he's gonna do in 2018.

But, since he's going elsewhere, he's a project who will be lucky to ever play a snap of college ball.

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...