The Most Absurd Play (or Game) in Husker Football History

I believe it was against Texas Tech in which Nebraska's guy intercepted the ball in the last minute of the game and tried to run it back instead of dropping to the turf and letting the offense take a knee for the win. The defender was stripped of the ball during his return, which gave Texas Tech a new set of downs and a second chance to beat the Huskers, which they did.

I believe it was against Texas Tech in which Nebraska's guy intercepted the ball in the last minute of the game and tried to run it back instead of dropping to the turf and letting the offense take a knee for the win. The defender was stripped of the ball during his return, which gave Texas Tech a new set of downs and a second chance to beat the Huskers, which they did.

LeKevin Smith

Post #48 says hello

• Fire 1

I feel bad that this was the first thing that popped into my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6fb16uSLUc

Yeah that easily rivals the Niles Paul fumble in terms of absurdity. Niles Paul's fumble had a bigger impact on the outcome of the game though. Not sure if that matters.

It's a hilarious moment, but it's actually a "smart" play by Jake. He knew if he takes a step to keep his balance, that's a penalty, so he was trying to hold it waiting for the snap to happen in time so he wouldn't penalize his team.

• Fire 2

I feel bad that this was the first thing that popped into my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6fb16uSLUc

Yeah that easily rivals the Niles Paul fumble in terms of absurdity. Niles Paul's fumble had a bigger impact on the outcome of the game though. Not sure if that matters.

It's a hilarious moment, but it's actually a "smart" play by Jake. He knew if he takes a step to keep his balance, that's a penalty, so he was trying to hold it waiting for the snap to happen in time so he wouldn't penalize his team.

I know it's funny to watch but I've really never understood the ridicule. If he would have just given up earlier and stood up, everyone would have forgotten about it by the next possession. But by trying to hold as long as he could to try to avoid a penalty, it becomes a mockery.

I'm sure he laughs at it as well but to try to use it as some point of how bad he was is totally backwards.

• Fire 2

One absurd play that still stands out for me is the ISU defender trying to break Burkhead's neck and we get called for a penalty.

Wow, that video is over 300K views. I remember uploading it because I was so pissed that the refs screwed us over on that call.

One absurd play that still stands out for me is the ISU defender trying to break Burkhead's neck and we get called for a penalty.

Wow, that video is over 300K views. I remember uploading it because I was so pissed that the refs screwed us over on that call.

Yeah, that call was an outrage.