WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

No matter what happens, I hope he will be able to use this as motivation to beat the alcoholism (can't call it anything else). At least he has only put his own life in the crapper, he doesn't have to deal with the additional burden of killing or disabling someone else.

• Fire 2

So let's assume KW is gone...who can step in immediately to first help our team out this season, and second to keep the WR momentum going?

Pipe dream, but....Keyshawn Johnson, Sr.??
.1% this ever happens, but now I'm really excited..

Is he still a talking head at ESPN?

No, his contract was not renewed.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/28/sunday-nfl-countdown-keyshawn-johnson-espn

What are we 2 weeks from burying one of our own that died in a true car ACCIDENT.

So sad that an adult these kids trust then goes out and does this. I just think the team has to be so fragile right now.

Oh man, good point. Hardly the way to be honoring Foltz.

He died in an accident...how is that related

I'm surprised that everyone is quick to say he should lose his job. In the real world this might happen if driving was a requirement of the job, but in not many other circumstances that I'm aware of. Poor judgement - yes. Needs help - yes. Gets fired - seems a pretty dramatic move to me.

NO, NO,NO

3rd offense and 2nd in Lincoln. No recruit or win is worth keeping this liability on staff. He's a lost cause that is begging to kill someone.

no one is ever a lost cause.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tyjonlindsey/status/764951561839620096

https://mobile.twitter.com/damonbenning/status/764953461590859776

Williams has built somethihg with these kids.. Interesting to see how all this turns out.

Wish the best of luck to him and hope we can keep him and help him!

More than football? Damn right its more than football, and that's why he needs to be fired.

• Fire 3

What are we 2 weeks from burying one of our own that died in a true car ACCIDENT.

So sad that an adult these kids trust then goes out and does this. I just think the team has to be so fragile right now.

Oh man, good point. Hardly the way to be honoring Foltz.

He died in an accident...how is that related
Foltz's accident was a car crash. KW knowingly got behind the wheel in a state that was likely to result in a car accident. Which it did.. Just lucky no one was killed.

I had to ask myself how they were related at first, too. I thought maybe it was a reach. But it's really not. It shows KW didn't have enough judgement to make an easy decision that should have been made even easier knowing one of his own was killed in a car crash two weeks ago.

• Fire 1

The fact that there are people trying to justify / figure out ways he can stay is completely idiotic. The dude is 40, with 3 DUI, and a representative of the university. Hypothetically, if he had no ties to the university and hit an uber that your loved one was in, would you show the same mercy? I sure as hell wouldn't, so I won't give him preferential treatment just cause he wears the N. As cdog stated above, he's a grown as man and needs to lay in the bed he made. Does it suck we are going to lose him? Sure. But at the end of the day, this isn't someone you'd want teaching your kids life lessons.

• Fire 4