WR Coach Keith Williams Arrested on Suspicion of DUI

ADS

He hit another vehicle while driving...fact

The police were called to the site of the accident...fact

He tested at a .15, nearly twice the legal limit to operate a vehicle...fact

He has done this twice before...fact

WE don't have to wait for him to get a trial to see the writing on the wall. This is not a crime where you need a lot more than that in the court of public opinion.

The courts of the government need to hold a trial before they pass judgement and sentence, an organization does not. We are just a bunch of football fans trying to talk about how this is going to be handled by the University. I don't think a judge will read this page and "crucify" or bring back the "death penalty".

Calm down people. We, and what we type on here, aren't that important.

• Fire 3

The thing that's worse is that this is just the 3rd time he's been caught.

My buddy ran into him at his bachelor party at the railyard last year and he wasn't impressed with the way KW was acting. Just holier than thou kind of treatment towards others and extremely obnoxious. I didn't see it but it's what he said, and now that I've heard this about last night....I really believe it now when I was leaning towards skeptical before.

Kicking a man while he's down shows a lot about someones character

Shut up dude. As a person who has lost friends AND family to people who have driven drunk. I don't give a rip about someone who chooses to drive drunk. I have no sympathy for a guy sitting in the slammer for driving intoxicated and getting into a wreck.

Call me out all you want.

I'm glad your here to bring some sense to all of this.

i hate that so many people voted to get rid of the death penalty in the state.

I don't
Sad
I can only imagine how many people have lost their lives due to wrongful conviction and eventual death penalty sentence. No judicial system will ever be infallible to the point where death is a viable penalty.

How many can you imagine?

I would bet the #of people in this thread who have driven above .08 3 times is over 90%

It doesn't make it ok. It doesn't mean he shouldn't get fired. But it might mean we should put away the pitch forks.

I think in most cases the reaction is less about wanting to get the pitchforks out for Coach K -- who was a fan favorite for a reason -- but just to highlight the awfulness of drinking and driving. I'll take any reason to have a collective reminder not to do it. I also don't think that percentage is even 30, but, regardless -- if there can be a positive in the reminder, great.

• Fire 1

I would bet the #of people in this thread who have driven above .08 3 times is over 90%

You could be right, but I sure hope you aren't. Personally I don't think I've ever even been above .08 3 times in my entire life, but I am always terrified of the idea of driving a vehicle if I've been drinking much at all and avoid it at all costs.

If you are right, I hope something can be a wake-up call for people. If it isn't Erin Sorenson having to deal with physical/emotional scars for the rest of her life while barely surviving, if it isn't the potential dismantling of our recruiting class and loss of one of our best position coaches, if it isn't losing a loved one, what will wake people up to take this seriously?

My mom would drive drunk all the time as a kid. Every weekend I'd wait on the apartment complex stairs balling my eyes out, convinced that this was the time that she got into trouble or got hurt. I'm so glad she never did, but that fear of always worrying about her is what did it for me. I hope people can figure out not to mess with this stuff without having something drastic occur.

You could be right, but I sure hope you aren't. Personally I don't think I've ever even been above .08 3 times in my entire life, but I am always terrified of the idea of driving a vehicle if I've been drinking much at all and avoid it at all costs.

If you are right, I hope something can be a wake-up call for people. If it isn't Erin Sorenson having to deal with physical/emotional scars for the rest of her life while barely surviving, if it isn't the potential dismantling of our recruiting class and loss of one of our best position coaches, if it isn't losing a loved one, what will wake people up to take this seriously?

My mom would drive drunk all the time as a kid. Every weekend I'd wait on the apartment complex stairs balling my eyes out, convinced that this was the time that she got into trouble or got hurt. I'm so glad she never did, but that fear of always worrying about her is what did it for me. I hope people can figure out not to mess with this stuff without having something drastic occur.

Every text while driving? They say that is worse which is scary

• Fire 1

I'm well over 21, but haven't ever drank because someone in my family has negatively impacted me as they have also gotten third DUI this year. So yeah, Bugeater's wrong.

Edit: not being preachy and attaching a negative assessment of drinking in general. I'm just saying I don't because drinking has negative associations with me due to someone in the same exact situation as KW.