What did we learn-Oregon edition

I learned Lightbourn can kick the sh#t out of the ball and pin them deep at the same time! What a game for the freshman! Good for him!

I learned Tommy has improved a whole hell of a lot.

I learned our receivers are better than Oregon's.

I learned our defense stepped up when they needed to.

I learned Ozigbo and Newby compliment each other well, but Devine is the man in charge.

The pace we played at in the second half was almost perfect. I learned Langsdorf knows when to distribute the ball to his best players.

• Fire 4

I am a fan who over reacts as I remember the glory days of the Husker football (mid 70's on).

Riley, with better athletes and facilities might be able to get it done. The play calling on both sides still needs work. Langs has a lot of Beck and Wats in him. I hate that.

TA is a warrior. Good or bad he gives 100%.

Westy is gold.

Carter is solid and a NFL caliber guy.

Gerry was in beast mode.

Williams played great.

Oregon is still Oregon and a great quality win.

DL still needs some push

Their QB looked like Lamar Jackson today.

Hope Newby and Carter are ok. Same with TA.

The team has heart. A lot.

Penalties killed both teams.

Respect to OU for the flowers on the 27. Class act to not use your last time outs.

Great win. Has no bearing on the conference, but national perception was improved tremendously today.

Great game.

• Fire 5

I learned that Langs can call just enough runs to win a game.

I learned Banker can bring just enough extra pressure to win a game.

I learned that I still don't understand why both of them don't do more of those things.

I learned that winning is possible when you don't kill yourself with penalties, turnovers, and bad clock management.

Things are looking up. Good, much needed W.

• Fire 2

When the game is on the line, get the ball in Westerkamp's hands.

Tommy is an absolute gamer. Honestly I think this was his best game of his career when you consider how big this game was. 0 interceptions was huge.

Ozigbo needs to carry the ball 25+ times every game. Dude just falls forward every time, and was huge during that final scoring drive and to start the 2nd half.

Prevent defense still doesn't work. That 3rd and 26 we only sent 3 guys and it bit us in the butt. End of the game we bring pressure and it works...wouldn't ya know!?

Finally I'll end with this, good things can happen for us! After the torture that was last season, this win felt so good. That was just an exciting game from start to finish, and I'm glad we came out on top. Yes, Oregon had a lot of penalties, yes Oregon went for 2 way too many times. But at the end of the day we beat them, and when you consider Iowa lost to North Dakota St and the way Florida St. lost today there's no sense in complaining how you won the game, just be happy that we ended up on the right side of the scoreboard. Go Big Red!

• Fire 9

I learned that Langsdorf and Banker need handlers to shock them or spray their face with a water bottle when they slip back into their old ways:

Langsdorf forgetting to #RunTheBall cost us anywhere from 6-16 points, which makes up the difference that Oregon gave away with their 2-point conversion bulls***.

Banker running a prevent when pressure had been forcing Oregon's hand to make mistakes at the most inopportune times let Oregon back into the game and cost 12 points.

Riley may very well be a good coach, but we'll never know it until Langsdorf and Banker quit tripping over themselves and we can start saying we won games *because* of their playcalling, and not in spite of it. When they did remember to #RunTheBall and to bring pressure, respectively, in the 4th, things got back on track for us.

Otherwise, we bag on YOLOTommy a lot, but he's got big brass balls and played like it today. The team will improve because of Tommy showing leadership through action.

This is a good win, though. Not as flashy as some other wins (read: Louisville), but it's probably the most impressive win in the B1G this week.

• Fire 4