Injury updates

mwj98

I hope TA can play, but I don't want him to get more injured than he already is and be unavailable for Iowa at their house, especially if we win the Maryland game and have a slim chance to make it to Indy. We should be able to get our running game going for once and just wear Maryland down. Maryland is ranked 113th in the nation in rushing defense, 96th overall, and 48th in passing defense. Our focus should be on the rush just based on those numbers alone IMO.

I will protest Langsdorf's employment with picket signs and chants of "He Must Go!" if he makes Fyfe throw the ball more than 20 times.

Both of these statements are true, until Maryland puts 9 guys in the box. If that happens then there is no reason we can't throw the ball effectively.

Two words, Ryker Fyfe...............I want the kid to destroy these guys if he gets the start on Senior Day, but I doubt it happens. :(

Ya... I'm not sure what about either of our top two quarterbacks makes anyone think there is ever NO reason we can't throw the ball effectively.

Well, the Purdue game last year is just one example of what happens when you have your back up comes in and you start slinging the ball all over the place. At least from what I remember from it anyways. I've also seen nothing from Fyfe the few times he's been in this year to make me think any differently. Langs is obviously questionable with his play calling from time-to-time as well.

Fyfes numbers for the Purdue game: 28-48 with 4 picks 407 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Not trying to steer the argument one way or the other just putting the Purdue numbers in black and white.

I could go rewatch the game, however figure someone here remembers... Weren't 2 of those picks tipped balls that should or could have been caught?

I hope TA can play, but I don't want him to get more injured than he already is and be unavailable for Iowa at their house, especially if we win the Maryland game and have a slim chance to make it to Indy. We should be able to get our running game going for once and just wear Maryland down. Maryland is ranked 113th in the nation in rushing defense, 96th overall, and 48th in passing defense. Our focus should be on the rush just based on those numbers alone IMO.

I will protest Langsdorf's employment with picket signs and chants of "He Must Go!" if he makes Fyfe throw the ball more than 20 times.

Both of these statements are true, until Maryland puts 9 guys in the box. If that happens then there is no reason we can't throw the ball effectively.

Two words, Ryker Fyfe...............I want the kid to destroy these guys if he gets the start on Senior Day, but I doubt it happens. :(

Ya... I'm not sure what about either of our top two quarterbacks makes anyone think there is ever NO reason we can't throw the ball effectively.

Well, the Purdue game last year is just one example of what happens when you have your back up comes in and you start slinging the ball all over the place. At least from what I remember from it anyways. I've also seen nothing from Fyfe the few times he's been in this year to make me think any differently. Langs is obviously questionable with his play calling from time-to-time as well.

Fyfes numbers for the Purdue game: 28-48 with 4 picks 407 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Not trying to steer the argument one way or the other just putting the Purdue numbers in black and white.

I could go rewatch the game, however figure someone here remembers... Weren't 2 of those picks tipped balls that should or could have been caught?

correct

My hunch is that Purdue from last year is a pretty comparable team to Maryland this. Maybe Maryland slightly better. Our offensive line was playing better last year at this point in time than it is now. I am not sure we can say with any degree of confidence that Fyfe is actually playing better this year either. Combine a slightly stronger opponent (arguably) with a weaker offensive line and a Fyfe who is not playing better, coupled with another November weather day (???). You have a recipe for terror if not disaster. Maryland may have more athleticism as wellm - Riley compared them more with Ohio State than Minnesota in that way I believe.

Just seems to me we (Husker fans) just can't escape this 'Oh God, another gut wrenching heart pounding thriller that goes down to the last snap!" game again. Sure wish we could actually enjoy a 31 point half time lead and a cruise to a 52 point win even once a year!

My hunch is that Purdue from last year is a pretty comparable team to Maryland this. Maybe Maryland slightly better. Our offensive line was playing better last year at this point in time than it is now. I am not sure we can say with any degree of confidence that Fyfe is actually playing better this year either. Combine a slightly stronger opponent (arguably) with a weaker offensive line and a Fyfe who is not playing better, coupled with another November weather day (???). You have a recipe for terror if not disaster. Maryland may have more athleticism as wellm - Riley compared them more with Ohio State than Minnesota in that way I believe.

Just seems to me we (Husker fans) just can't escape this 'Oh God, another gut wrenching heart pounding thriller that goes down to the last snap!" game again. Sure wish we could actually enjoy a 31 point half time lead and a cruise to a 52 point win even once a year!

Against Maryland....... I will feel we have turned the corner when we no longer worry about "lesser" programs and truly beat down those we should....

Probably will be Friday as well....

That sux, however I was impressed with Fyfe. Other than back pedaling 50 yards on some passes he played well. Appeared play calling went to his strengths (23-37 and 5 rushes for 35 yards). Against Iowa, I am unsure if our OL will be able to even give him close to the time he had today. OL will need to step up big time.

Any word on Oz?

Probably will be Friday as well....

That sux, however I was impressed with Fyfe. Other than back pedaling 50 yards on some passes he played well. Appeared play calling went to his strengths (23-37 and 5 rushes for 35 yards). Against Iowa, I am unsure if our OL will be able to even give him close to the time he had today. OL will need to step up big time.

Any word on Oz?

The back pedaling appears to be a panic reaction but it sucks everyone in, leaving coverage soft on the receivers. I don't know if that's the intention but for today it was quite effective.